Written By: Davy Perez
Directed By: John Showalter
Air date: April 5, 2018
The Winchesters track the Seal of Solomon to a Men of Letters chapterhouse in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. Trouble awaits there. Ketch is in danger as well, as his arrangement with Asmodeus goes sour.
- The Atoner: If what Asmodeus says is true then it seems that Ketch is genuinely remorseful for the crimes he has committed and wishes to make amends.
- Cliffhanger: The episode ends with Dean and Ketch using the spell to open a rift to Apocalypse World in order to rescue Jack and Mary.
- Eldritch Abomination: Yokoth and her mate from the other dimension.
- Face Full of Alien Wing-Wong: As the Avilas tell Sam, if Yokoth isn't feeding she's breeding, in this case attempting to breed with Dean.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Sandy in her flapper dress would appear to be one. In truth Sandy died a long time ago and the ensuing 90-odd years would mean little to Yokoth.
- HeelFace Turn: Seemingly the case with Ketch, as Asmodeus reveals that Ketch hopes for redemption, and Ketch's rescue of Gabriel and stealing of the Archangel Blade seems to cement this.
- Homage: The background in an event from The Roaring '20s, the tentacled eldritch abominations and the Rhode Island setting all point to the Cthulhu Mythos and the work of H. P. Lovecraft in general.
- Human Sacrifice: Sandy, the real Sandy, is offered up as a sacrifice in The Teaser.
- Mainlining the Monster: Asmodeus is stealing Gabriel's grace to shoot into his own veins.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Ketch decides to betray Asmodeus after the latter becomes too much of a Bad Boss.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: The Winchesters are responsible for unleashing a potentially world-ending godlike being, as Marco isn't shy about telling Sam.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Asmodeus' rough treatment of Ketch leads to him making off with both Gabriel and the archangel blade and delivering both to the Winchesters giving them a powerful weapon and the means to complete the spell.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Asmodeus delivers one to Ketch while beating him up for thinking he can continually mouth of to him and to show him who is in charge. He gives another one soon afterwards telling Ketch that for all his talk about the Men of Letters Code he is still working for Demons and that his hope for redemption is delusional.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: Despite the fact that he'd blow his cover and make himself useless to the Winchesters if he does so, Ketch still chooses to rescue Gabriel and deliver him and the Archangel Blade to the Winchesters.
- Villain Ball: Asmodeus grabs this pretty hard when he leaves a recently beaten up Ketch in the same room with both Gabriel and the archangel blade and no guards surrounding the room. It ends with Ketch deciding to get the hell out of dodge and deliver both the blade and Gabriel to the Winchesters.