A Most Holy Man
Written By: Robert Singer & Andrew Dabb
Directed By: Amanda Tapping
Air date: March 8, 2018
The Skull of St. Peter is stolen from a Church in Malta and finds its way to Seattle. Sam and Dean join the search for it in order to secure another relic - the blood of "a most holy man" - one of the ingredients they need to rescue Mary and Jack. Needless to say, they aren't alone in their quest.
- Apologetic Attacker: Miele knocks out a nun in the commission of the burglary, but apologizes to her as she lies supine on the floor.
- Everyone Has Standards: Sam admits to Dean that he doesn't like that they now have to resort to becoming thieves-for-hire to get the ingredient they need for the spell.
- I Lied: Greenstreet in the end admits he lied about having the blood of St. Ignatius. Dean's not pleased. He knocks out Greenstreet and lets the police take him away.
- Impersonating an Officer: Cromarty isn't a real detective. Or a very convincing one.
- Implied Death Threat: Sam asks Scarlatti what will happen if the refuse to help him get the skull.Scarlatti: Well that would be your second mistake. I don't expect you'd get to make a third.
- Jabba Table Manners: A mild example with Greenstreet, who conducts his first meeting with the Winchesters with powdered sugar from a donut on his upper lip and all over his suit.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Cromarty is refused a raise by Margaret after going through a lot of trouble to steal the skull of St. Peter for her. When Greenstreet offers Cromarty a million dollars for the skull if he kills his boss, it doesn't take much convincing.
- Nay-Theist: Dean. He believes in God, and has actually met Him, but warns Father Camilleri that He doesn't care and won't help.
- Nuns Are Spooky: The nuns at the nunnery in Malta are silent and eery and even used for jump scares.
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: Mafia boss Scarlatti makes the Winchesters a simple proposal: retrieve the stolen skull for him in exchange for a finder's fee, or he's gonna kill them.
- Out-of-Genre Experience: The Winchesters take part in a Film Noir private eye story with no supernatural events to speak of.
- Shout-Out: Richard Greenstreet and Margaret Astor are named after Sydney Greenstreet and Mary Astor, two of the lead actors in The Maltese Falcon.
- We Need a Distraction: Father Camilleri distracts a guard so Dean can give him a Tap on the Head by just walking up to the guy and outright telling him it's a distraction. After all, lying is a sin.
- Will Not Tell a Lie: Father Camilleri is not willing to lie in order to distract the guards.
- Would Hit a Girl: Miele is willing to hit a woman, a nun at that, in order to make his escape.