Written by Robbie Thompson.
Directed by Steve Boyum.
Airdate: April 20th, 2015.
Claire is searching for her mother in Tulsa, Oklahoma when she meets trouble and must accept help from the Winchesters and Castiel.
Claire Novak is on the search for her mother, trying to gather information on her last known whereabouts, when her last lead knocks her out and she winds up in the hospital. Cas and Sam worry about Deans mental state and the effects of the Mark of Cain. Claire finds her mother, imprisoned by an angel who has been using her as a power source. Claire gets advice from Sam on how to hunt, while Dean explains to her that Cas and her father are heroes for helping to save the world.
For this episode: 3 humans and 1 grigori angel.
For the series so far = At least 1112 angels, 1108 humans (of which 9 were witches), 179 demons, 68 vampires, 51 ghosts, 36 Jefferson Starships, 22 gods, 19 zombies, 12 werewolves, 10 hellhounds, 7 shapeshifters, 7 skinwalkers, 6 changelings, 5 djinn, 5 reapers, 4 dogs, 4 ghouls, 4 Leviathan, 3 Khan Worms, 2 Amazons, 2 arachnes, 2 kitsunes, 2 rugarus, 2 Thule, 2 vetalas, 1 cat, 1 crocotta, 1 deer, 1 dragon, 1 fairy, 1 familiar, 1 lamia, the Mother of All, 1 okami, 1 phoenix, 1 pishtaco, 1 Purgatory creature, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 shojo, 1 shtriga, 1 siren, 1 Titan, 1 wendigo, 1 whore of Babylon, 1 wicked witch, and 1 wraith.
- Back for the Dead: Amelia Novak returns after five seasons, only to be killed by Tamiel.
- Bonding Over Missing Parents: Sam and Claire discuss the absence of their mothers in the motel room.
- Book-Ends: The beginning of the episode has Jimmy Novak returning home and seeing Amelia in Amelias angel-induced dream, while the end has Amelia walking into their home and seeing Jimmy in Heaven.
- Deadpan Snarker: Not that she wasnt before, but Claire really shows her stuff in this episode.Dean: Bill Murray? Caddyshack.Claire: Never seen it. Not a fan.
- Great Big Book of Everything: One of Deans birthday gifts to Claire is a hefty tome about angels and religious lore.
- Heroism Won't Pay the Bills: Invoked by Sam.Sam: I can also show you how to set up fake credit cards. It'll make life on the road a lot easier.Claire: You guys are credit card scammers, too?Sam: Yeah. Hunting monsters doesn't exactly pay the bills.
- Last of His Kind: Tamiel is the last grigori angel.
- Mini-Golf Episode: While not an episode devoted entirely to mini-golf, Dean and Claire taking a break to play a round, and playing mini-golf gives Dean insight into how the Victim of the Week was killed.
- Missing Mom: Amelia Novak disappeared not long after Castiel repossessed Jimmy in season four, and the episode revolves around Claires search for her.
- Parents in Distress: Amelia never came back for Claire because she's being held captive by the grigori angel Tamiel.
- Shout-Out: To Caddyshack and Happy Gilmore during Dean and Claires mini-golf game.
- Soul Power: Tamiel siphons the energy of human souls for power, to conceal himself from other angels without his grace fading.
- Themed Aliases: Dean gives the officer examining Ronnies corpse the names Clapton and Page for himself and Castiel, although Claire doesnt get an alias.
- Together in Death: Amelia reunites with Jimmy in heaven.
- The Other Darrin: Wynn Everett, who played Amelia Novak in season four, is replaced by Leisha Hailey.
- You Killed My Father: Claire still has animosity toward both Cas and Dean because of this, though by the end of the episode she feels differently.