There's No Place Like Home
Written by Robbie Thompson.
Directed by Philip Sgriccia.
Air Date: January 27, 2015.
Charlie returns from Oz but shows markedly different behavior, committing violent assaults on people she believes to be responsible for the deaths of her parents and the ensuing cover-up. The Winchesters learn that this is because she isn't the Charlie they know, but the dark side of Charlie unleashed through a rite performed by the Wizard of Oz.
For this episode: 2 humans.
For the series so far = At least 1110 angels, 1079 humans (of which 8 were witches), 178 demons, 62 vampires, 49 ghosts, 36 Jefferson Starships, 22 gods, 19 zombies, 12 werewolves, 10 hellhounds, 7 shapeshifters, 7 skinwalkers, 6 changelings, 5 djinn, 5 reapers, 4 dogs, 4 ghouls, 4 Leviathan, 2 Amazons, 2 arachnes, 2 kitsunes, 2 rugarus, 2 Thule, 2 vetalas, 1 cat, 1 crocotta, 1 deer, 1 dragon, 1 fairy, 1 familiar, 1 Khan worm, 1 lamia, the Mother of All, 1 okami, 1 phoenix, 1 pishtaco, 1 Purgatory creature, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 shojo, 1 shtriga, 1 siren, 1 Titan, 1 wendigo, 1 whore of Babylon, 1 wicked witch, and 1 wraith.
- Above Good and Evil: Dark Charlie considers herself this.Dark Charlie: Grow up. Theres no right, no wrong. Just us and them.
- Break the Cutie: Poor Charlie keeps getting physically and emotionally battered.
- Dark Action Girl: Dark Charlie gets a kick out of fighting with Dean and directly engages in battle with him twice with a handful of additional verbal confrontations.
- Dark Is Evil
- Enemy Without: Dark Charlie is this to the regular Charlie, who's actually the isolated good side.
- Evil Brunette Twin: Good Charlie has bright, bouncy copper colored hair. Dark Charlie has sleek, dark flat hair.
- Given Name Reveal: Charlie's real name is "Celeste Middleton".
- When Sam and Dean confront Dark Charlie at the District Attorney's home, she says "should have known Rocket and Groot would catch up with me."
- The boys' FBI pseudonyms are "Collins" and "Gabriel", both singers in Genesis.
- Dean pretends to be a prospective customer for the slimy realtor who T-boned Charlie's parents, calling himself "Presley".
- Super Dickery: Charlie turns violent and beats people. Dean is smart enough to realize there must be something wrong.