Written by Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder.
Directed by Phil Sgriccia.
Air Date: February 4, 2014.
Investigating a series of murders where the victims lost hundreds of pounds at the time of death, Sam and Dean go undercover at a mysterious weight-loss center.
For this episode: 3 humans and 1 pishtaco.
For the series so far = At least 1087 angels, 993 humans (of which 8 were witches), 160 demons, 51 vampires, 49 ghosts, 36 Jefferson Starships, 21 gods, 19 zombies, 10 hellhounds, 9 werewolves, 7 skinwalkers, 6 changelings, 5 djinn, 5 shapeshifters, 4 dogs, 4 ghouls, 4 Leviathan, 4 reapers, 2 Amazons, 2 arachnes, 2 kitsunes, 2 rugarus, 2 Thule, 2 vetalas, 1 cat, 1 crocotta, 1 deer, 1 dragon, 1 fairy, 1 familiar, 1 Khan worm, 1 lamia, the Mother of All, 1 okami, 1 phoenix, 1 pishtaco, 1 Purgatory creature, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 shojo, 1 shtriga, 1 siren, 1 Titan, 1 wendigo, 1 whore of Babylon, 1 wicked witch, and 1 wraith.
- Aesop Amnesia: Once again, Sam has to remind Dean that they don't kill innocents even if they are monsters.
- Chubby Chaser: Mala.
- Continuity Nod: Sam's mention of Dean not being the only one to date someone bendy probably refers to Lisa, who was a yoga instructor. A slightly dangerous reference to make on Sam's part, as Dean previously told Sam to never mention Lisa or Ben again or he'd break his nose. Sam doesn't call her by name though, and Dean doesn't get angry.
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: And if you feel the need to fire your fat-sucking freak of a brother-in-law because he's been killing people, consider bringing backup.
- Gypsy Curse: Immediately subverted. Mala didn't want to kill Wayne McNut, she planned to run off with him.
- Interspecies Romance: The center is run by a man and a pishtaco, who are married.
- Minnesota Nice: Sheriff Donna Hanscom.
- Mistaken for Gay: Sam and Dean are once again mistaken for gay in the health spa when Dean's supervisor at the buffet table tells him to stop flirting with Sam, who is dressed as a personal trainer.
- Overly Long Tongue: The pishtaco. Maritza's is shown in her massage session with Sheriff Hanscom.
- Red Herring: Mala actually tried to give luck to her lover.
- Vampire Doctor: A Peruvian fat sucking monster called a Pishtaco works at a fitness center and takes advantage of the fact she feeds on human fat to harmlessly feed by giving people special treatments at a spa. Her brother, also an employee, also attempts to take part in such a style of feeding, but ends up unable to keep control of himself while feeding.
- Weight Woe: Just about all the clients at Canyon Valley, presumably, but it's especially evident with Sheriff Hanscom.
- You Would Do the Same for Me: Dean tells Sam that he would have done the same thing in the same situation. Sam makes it clear that he's wrong.
- Your Cheating Heart: Mala with Wayne.