Next: Supernatural S 06 E 22 The Man Who Knew Too Much
Let It Bleed
Written by Sera Gamble.
Directed by John Showalter.
Air Date: May 20, 2011.
When Crowley tries to get to Dean by abducting Lisa and Ben, the Winchesters turn to an unexpected source for help. Meanwhile, Bobby learns of another visitor from Purgatory.
For this episode = 2 demons and 4 humans.
For the series so far = At least 477 humans (of which 6 were witches), 88 demons, 36 Jefferson Starships, 34 ghosts, 26 vampires, 19 zombies, 14 gods, 12 angels, 9 hellhounds, 7 skinwalkers, 6 changelings, 5 shapeshifters, 4 ghouls, 3 djinn, 2 Arachnes, 2 dogs, 2 werewolves, 1 crocotta, 1 dragon, 1 fairy, 1 Khan worm, 1 lamia, the Mother of All, 1 okami, 1 phoenix, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 reaper, 1 rugaru, 1 shtriga, 1 siren, 1 wendigo, 1 whore of Babylon, and 1 wraith.
- Badass and Child Duo: Dean has to carry Lisa, so it's Ben's job to carry and use the shotgun until they meet up with Sam.
- Bad Liar
- Bridal Carry
- Conveniently Timed Attack from Behind: Cas saving Dean when one of his torture victims escapes the devil's trap.
- Did You Just Romance Cthulhu?: Bobby finds out that one of his old girlfriends, Dr. Visyak, is over 900 years old and from Purgatory.
- Dramatic Thunder
- Even Nerds Have Standards: Bobby later takes a shot at a guy with a large collection of Lovecraft's private letters by sarcastically saying that he "must be catnip to the ladies". He protests that he's in a long-term online relationship.
- Exact Words/Loophole Abuse: Cas warned Crowley about touching the Winchesters, but he said nothing about Ben and Lisa.
- False Innocence Trick
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Dean slaps Ben when he freezes up over mom getting shot, because Ben has to cover Dean while he carries Lisa to safety.
- Gory Discretion Shot: Lovecraft's death (and you thought he died of cancer).
- Hannibal Lecture: Possessed!Lisa to Dean and Ben.
- Historical-Domain Character: H. P. Lovecraft.
- I Have Your Wife: Or, as Crowley puts it, his "ex-lady friend and not-kid".
- Invisible Monster: Lovecraft and his pals thought their attempt to open a dimensional portal didn't work; turns out what came through was invisible.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Dean's solution to Lisa and Ben being in danger.
- Knocked Out From Above: How the demons jump Sam.
- The Mole: Balthazar agrees to become a double agent.
- Neck Snap
- Neutral No Longer: Balthazar doesn't agree that Castiel's plan is worth the risk or that he'll make it out in one piece, so he reluctantly allies himself with Sam and Dean.
- No Mere Windmill
- Papa Bear
- The Power of Friendship: Invoked by Castiel, but rejected by Dean.
- Properly Paranoid: Bobby photocopied the Tome of Eldritch Lore that Cas stole. He lampshades it, too:Bobby: Hi, glad to meet you. Bobby Singer. Paranoid bastard.
- Really 900 Years Old
- Shapeshifter Guilt Trip
- Shoot Out the Lock
- Titled After the Song: "Let It Bleed" by The Rolling Stones on the album of the same name.
- To the Pain
- Ungrateful Bastard: Castiel brings up all the times he has been there for Dean, helping him and saving his life (including one just moments before). Angry over Castiel's betrayal, Dean refuses to stand aside and let Castiel deal with things his way.
- White Sheet Of Death: Blood gets splattered all over Lovecraft's freshly-completed Haunter of the Dark (actually written two years earlier).
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Sam questions someone being named "Moishe".Bobby: Of the New York Campbells.