Next: Supernatural S 06 E 06 You Cant Handle The Truth
Live Free Or Twihard
Written by Brett Matthews.
Directed by Rod Hardy.
Air Date: October 22, 2010.
During a fight with vampires, Dean is transformed. To obtain a cure, Samuel tells Dean to get the blood of the vampire that bit him. However, the vampire is the leader of a nest that Dean must infiltrate.
Body Count:For this episode = One human and at least 10 vampires.
For the series so far = At least 425 humans (of which 6 were witches), 74 demons, 33 ghosts, 21 vampires, 19 zombies, 13 gods, 11 angels, 9 hellhounds, 6 changelings, 4 shapeshifters, 3 djinn, 2 ghouls, 2 werewolves, 2 dogs, 1 crocotta, 1 lamia, 1 okami, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 reaper, 1 rugaru, 1 shtriga, 1 siren, 1 wendigo, 1 whore of Babylon, and 1 wraith.
- And Then Dean Was a Vampire
- Bland-Name Product: Several Twilight-inspired posters are seen in the show but none actually infringe on Stephenie Meyer's copyright. The closest it gets is a horrified Dean comparing himself to "Pattinson".
- Blatant Lies
- Creepy Twins: A couple of young vampire girls are seen in the visions the alpha transmits to the nest.
- Darker and Edgier: The episode is actually pretty dark despite moments of humor and a hilarious teaser.
- Depraved Bisexual: Boris is heavily implied to be one by his treatment of the captive girls and Dean.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: A dog is heard barking in the distance when Dean starts to go all fangy.
- Expy: The vampire Robert and the human girl Kristen are blatant Expies of Edward and Bella and their actors, Robert and Kristen.
- Faustian Rebellion: Boris turns Dean into a vampire making him stronger and faster and allowing him to effortlessly kill the entire nest.
- Find the Cure!
- Hypocritical Humor: Dean complains about the "rapey" behavior in the vampire book series the victim was a fan of, but that's exactly the behavior he does once he gets vamped himself.
- Not Himself: Dean becomes convinced that this is the case with Sam.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Boris, judging by his behavior around Kristen and Dean.
- Parody: The teaser, for Twilight.
- Psychotic Smirk: Sam briefly flashes one as he watches Dean get turned into a vampire. This is part of what convinces Dean that Sam is Not Himself.
- Really 700 Years Old: Close enough—Boris is 600 and something.
- Romantic Vampire Boy: Deconstructed.
- Sheep in Wolf's Clothing: Dean uses this to his advantage to infiltrate a vampire nest.
- Shoot the Dog: Sam allowing Dean to be turned into a vampire for the sake of having an inside man inside a vampire nest.
- Shout-Out: The names "Kristen" and "Robert".
- Stalking Is Love: Subverted. While Sam and Dean are investigating a series of vampire attacks, they stumble upon a series of books that are suspiciously reminiscent of Twilight. They mock the vampire's habit of watching the heroine sleep, calling it "rape-y."
- Take That!: One enormous one to the Twilight series.
- Your Vampires Suck: The whole point of the episode. "This is a national best-seller. How is that possible?"
- Vampire Wannabe
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot
- What the Hell, Hero?: Sam letting Dean get turned into a vampire.