Next: Supernatural S 03 E 08 A Very Supernatural Christmas
Written by Sera Gamble.
Directed by Kim Manners.
Airdate: November 15, 2007.
Gordon has broken out of jail and seeks out Bela in order to get information on the location of the Winchester brothers. As he zeros in on their location, Albany, New York, Dean and Sam hunt down a vampire who is turning young blondes by offering vampire blood as the hottest new drug. Gordon comes into his path but gets turned, leaving the brothers to kill him.
Body countFor this episode = 2 humans and 5 vampires.
For the series so far = At least 227 humans, 17 ghosts, 8 demons, 10 vampires, 6 changelings, 2 shapeshifters, 2 werewolves, 1 djinn, 1 god, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 shtriga, 1 wendigo, and 1 zombie.
- And Then Gordon Was A Vampire
- The Antichrist: Sam, according to Gordon.
- Anyone Can Die:
- Body count this episode = 2 humans and 5 vampires.
- Casting Gag: This was the second time an actress from Buffy the Vampire Slayer has played a vampire. This time it was Mercedes McNab, whose Buffy character became a vampire.
- Casual Danger Dialog: Bela when Gordon threatens to kill her. She calmly offers to make a deal with him.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Decapitation via razor wire.
- Deadpan Snarker: Bela, as usual.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Dixon on some level does care for his "family." He's horrified at what he's let Gordon do to his new "daughters" and doesn't want to live anymore.
- Karmic Transformation: Gordon gets turned, but still kills the other vampires and believes he should be killed.
- Hollywood Old: Lucy refers to the vampire as being "old" by looking over thirty. Likely Hypocritical Humor as the actress was 27 at the time.
- Off with His Head!: Sam eventually decapitates Gordon with barbed wire.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Gordon, after being turned.
- Removing the Head or Destroying the Brain
- Scary Black Man: Gordon, especially after becoming a vampire.
- Scream Discretion Shot
- Three female vampires housed together? The initial victim turned being named Lucy? Dixon has been reading up.
- To ''Buffy'':
- One of Lucy's victims said Lucy had "super PCP-strength". The government of Sunnydale often explained away vampire attacks as gangs on PCP.
- Sam decapitates Gordon with razor wire.
- And of course, Mercedes McNab plays a vampire.
- Tragic Bromance: With no small amount of regret, Kubrick tries to slay Gordon. Gordon kills him first, then cradles his corpse while whispering "I'm sorry."