Oscar and Hedgehog arrive on Summer Camp Island and figure out pretty quickly that most normal summer camps don't have witch-counselors, aliens and talking trees.
- All Girls Like Ponies: Lucy is upset when the horse is magically transformed, but decides it's actually better as a tiny unicorn.
- Comically Missing the Point: Oscar warns Hedgehog about the camp counselors turning into witches so suddenly.Hedgehog: Cool!
- Every Body Do The Endless Loop: Done at the party in Oscar's cabin.
- Furry Confusion: Despite there being anthropomorphic characters, there are still normal animals. On top of that, talking sharks are cited as one of the strange, paranormal things about the island...even though our main characters are a talking elephant and a hedgehog.
- Momma's Boy: Oscar shown to be this.Susie to Oscar: I especially don't want to hear from you (mockingly) Mommy's special little guy.
- Vicariously Ambitious: Hedgehog's father apparently wants her to do nothing but study at camp.