Airdate: Monday, June 2, 2003
After some brief difficulty trying to run "stongbad_email.exe" ("Oop! That's never happened before") instead of "strongbad_email.exe" ("Oop! That's never happened befo... oh wait, it's an email. That has happened before"), Strong Bad brings up an e-mail from Sam, who wants him to answer an e-mail in the "funniest way ever". Strong Bad decides to oblige by taping a blank diskette to his head and talking in gibberish "like the crazy squeaky guy".
Strong Bad then proceeds to jump around like an idiot, spilling ketchup all over the Compy, then moves on to bouncing around on his head for a bit then doing a crazy jerky dance in front of Strong Sad.
Meanwhile, Bubs and The Cheat are enjoying some fries with "computer catsup" (which according to Bubs is "better than the regular kind. Or that purple kind!") when Strong Bad decides it's time to wind things down. He shoos Bubs away (after a brief debate on the existence of ketchup bombs) and orders The Cheat to get something to help clean up the mess.
- Captain Obvious: When Strong Bad gets the file name of his email program right, he remarks "That's never happened befo... oh wait, it's an email. That has happened before. And quite a few times, if I remember correctly."
- Everyone Has Standards: As mentioned below, even Homestar is weirded out by Strong Bad's attempt to be funny.
- Funny Background Event: As Strong Bad stomps on the Compy's keyboard, the words "WOAH!! I CAN TYPE WITH ONE FOOT" appear on the screen.
- Hammer Space: The bottle of ketchup falls from out of nowhere.
- Oh, No... Not Again!: Strong Sad initially attributes Strong Bad's erratic behavior to him "taking some of my pills again".
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Strong Bad reads the phrase "Funniest. Way. Ever." in this way.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Downplayed; an Easter egg has Homestar come in while Strong Bad is bouncing around on his head going "pont-REER!" and make the following remark:Homestar: Oh, uh... Hi, Strong Bad. I was just stopping by to do something funny, but, um... I can see you don't need my help this week.
- Shout-Out: Bubs calling the computer ketchup better than the "purple kind" is a reference to Heinz EZ Squirt colored ketchup, which was still being sold when this email went up.
- Trick Bomb: Bubs wonders if the mess in the computer room was caused by the detonation of "some type of ketchup bomb".Strong Bad: Hey man, are ketchup bombs real?
Bubs: Not yet!
- Word-Salad Humor: Strong Bad's attempt at answering Sam's e-mail in the funniest way ever.Strong Bad: Pongity pongity pongity pongity pongity pongity pongity pongity pongity pongity pongity pongity! Aunt Ruthie, Aunt Ruthie, there's ketchup on the computer!
- You Say Tomato: Strong Bad mispronounces "chamois" so that it sorta rhymes with "moist".