Airdate: Monday, May 5, 2003
"Your awesome friend monkeydude" wants Strong Bad to make a crazy cartoon.
The first step to coming up with a truly crazy cartoon is to think up a title that has nothing to do with the cartoon itself... in this case, "Sweet Cuppin' Cakes". The setting of the cartoon is a bizarre dimension with a blue-and-white checker-board ground and jagged pink mountains in the distance, populated by a series of bizarre characters:
- The main character is "a mix between a cow and a helicopter", a ball-shaped blue critter that travels by hovering and communicates in "just these weird sounds, and no words". Every episode involves him fruitlessly trying to get a little worm out of the ground.
- "Eh! Steve" is a trapezoid-shaped fellow who pops up at least once an episode to say his catch-phrase, which is also his name: "Eh! Steve!"
- "Bubs would definitely be the voice of the Wheelchair", another character who's a crudely-drawn wheelchair that has it out for Eh! Steve for some weird reason.Wheelchair: I'll get you, Eh! Steve, if it's the last thing I doooooo!
- Finally, one of the characters would be Strong Bad, except his head is an old electronic keyboard that plays the demo music and dances around when he gets angry.
In the Cheat's room, he's just finished a crude cartoon in which Strong Bad kicks Homestar in the face nine times in a row. Then the two of them and Coach Z give the Cheat trophies for no apparent reason, and Eh! Steve makes a cameo.
Strong Bad: Hey, I didn't do that! Did I? I mean, it was good. I liked the way you worked in Eh! Steve, but I don't think it deserved a trophy. I don't even think it deserved a pizza! Maybe a pizza-trophy...
- All There in the Manual: The only mention of Sherlock the Cow-Copter's name ever is in the DVD commentary for this email. To this day, he has never been referred to by name in any other Homestar Runner-related material.
- Animate Inanimate Object: The Wheelchair, as the name implies, is a talking wheelchair able to move on his own.
- Astral Checkerboard Decor: The ground in wherever Sweet Cuppin' Cakes takes place is a blue-and-white checkerboard.
- Author Avatar: One of the characters in Sweet Cuppin' Cakes is Strong Bad, with his head replaced by an old Casio keyboard that plays "Unterlanders Heimweh" when he gets mad.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: Strong Bad doesn't think The Cheat's cartoon qualifies for a trophy, and barely qualifies for a pizza. "Maybe a pizza-trophy..."
- Cartoon Creature: Most of the cast of Sweet Cuppin' Cakes are strange creatures of no identifiable species. Sherlock, ostensibly the main character, is described by Strong Bad as "a cross between a cow and a helicopter" despite resembling neither of those things.
- Catch That Pigeon!: Sherlock is always trying to catch a little worm.
- Continuity Nod: In "vacation", Strong Bad imagined receiving a particularly inane email from someone named Monkey D. That's probably why Strong Bad takes such an immediate dislike to monkeydude.
- Creator Cameo: Strong Bad doesn't resist the opportunity to put himself in his own cartoon, only he gives himself the head of a toy keyboard.
- Her Code Name Was "Mary Sue": The Cheat's cartoon trails off into Strong Bad, Homestar, and Coach Z giving The Cheat trophies for no reason. "Three trophies for The Cheat!"
- Malicious Misnaming: Lampshaded, when Strong Bad addresses the sender with "I'm not your friend, monkeydude. In fact, I'm not even gonna call you monkeydude again. I'ma call you Josh."
- Pokémon Speak: "Eh! Steve!" is apparently only able to communicate by saying his name.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: The Wheelchair is out to get Eh! Steve for some reason.
- Stylistic Suck: The Cheat's cartoon features crude animation and voice acting, and horribly-Off-Model versions of Strong Bad, Homestar, Coach Z, and Eh! Steve. Homestar's star looks more like a lightning bolt, and the Cheat made Coach Z pink instead of green for some reason.
- The Unintelligible: Sherlock the Cow-Copter communicates in "just these weird sounds, and no words".
- Word Salad Title: Strong Bad names his crazy cartoon "Sweet Cuppin' Cakes", on the grounds that "Crazy cartoons usually have titles that have nothing to do with the cartoon itself."