Airdate: Monday, March 10, 2003
Sender: Tori from VA, TX
Tori "from Virginia and Texas, respectively" and her friends are writing from a volleyball "tounament", and they want to know why Homestar never does anything funny anymore. Strong Bad retorts "Anymore, Tori? I wasn't aware that guy did anything funny. Ever." but decides to check on Homestar just to humor Tori.
Homestar is apparently in the middle of hosting "The Show", some bizarre talk show/game show hybrid with Pom Pom and the Poopsmith as guests/contestants. Both are offered 500 points to share their "polictical [sic] views", and both walk away without a word (unless you count the Poopsmith's signs and Pom Pom's bubbling). Homestar abruptly awards them both 162 points, and cuts to "these important words from these important messages". After a commercial for Fluffy Puff Marshmallows, complete with their vaguely creepy mascot Marshie ("The first one to eat a million, wins!"), Homestar decides to recite a list of apparently arbitrary words and phrases.
(The Paper comes down)
- Actually Pretty Funny: Downplayed; despite his lack of reaction, Strong Bad's reluctance to follow up on kicking The Cheat clearly indicates he actually thinks "The Show" was a tough act to follow.
- Calvin Ball: It's not clear if even Homestar knows if his show is supposed to be a talk show or a game show; he tells Pom Pom and the Poopsmith "hands on buzzers" when there are no buzzers apparent, offers them 500 points to share their "polictical" views, and gives them both 162 points when they up and walk away.
- Continuity Nod: One of the elements in Homestar's list is "witch's brew".
- Escalating Punchline: " We'll see how it measures up to say, me... kicking The Cheat... into Strong Sad... with the chicken pox."
- Long List: Homestar "chooses to recite a list" of random words and phrases.Homestar: Tetherball, Olympic race, sparkling, Tim Duncan, Wisconsin, a book of matches, next week, a lot of money, witch's br—
- Parody Commercial: A brief ad for Fluffy Puff Marshmallows plays during a commercial break on "The Show".Marshie: Hey, juys! You'd best be eating a whole mess of Fluffy Puff Marshmallows!
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Both Pom Pom and the Poopsmith bail when Homestar tries to ask them about politics.
- Shout-Out: The Show has a set and microphone very much like Match Game, and Homestar asks Pom Pom to block as if they were on The Hollywood Squares.
- Something We Forgot: Early on, Strong Bad makes an offhand comment about kicking The Cheat into a chicken pox-riddled Strong Sad. An Easter egg shows the two apparently expecting Strong Bad to actually follow through on his promise.
- Talking with Signs: The Poopsmith holds up a sign reading "Hey, um, I'm gonna go now," before departing.
- You Make Me Sic: Strong Bad pokes fun at Tori for misspelling "tournament" as "tounament".
Strong Sad: (bedridden with chicken pox) I don't know where he is. I figured it was a sure thing, too.