Airdate: Monday, July 29, 2002
Sender: Shack, Whittier
Shack wonders what Strong Bad sounds like when he's on helium, and Strong Bad decides to take some old party balloons and, along with Strong Mad and The Cheat, indulge Shack's curiousity.
(Strong Mad laughs)
Strong Bad: Pretty great, huh? I sound like...one of the Golden Girls. Or, like, some type a guy who might... sing a song. You know like... (starts singing)
Welcome to the High Voice Crew!
We hope you have a high voice too!
'Cause when you got a high voice
You don't have a choice!
(Strong Bad's voice gradually goes back to normal) Your voice is high all the tiiime!
Welcome to the High Voice... oh, I guess I got kicked out of the High Voice Crew.
Strong Mad tries to join the fun, but his voice is so deep helium doesn't seem to have any effect ("THIS IS MY FUNNY VOICE!") The Cheat tries it too, but he inhales so much helium he swells up and floats away, interrupting a conversation between Homestar and Marzipan about pork and beans.
Marzipan: Homestar, I think that bird is The Cheat.
Homestar: No way! The Cheat is one fine-looking young man. That is an ugly bird.
- Continuity Nod: Strong Sad can be heard saying "I'm sad that he's flying", in reference to Main Page #15.
- Helium Speech: Played straight with Strong Bad, whose voice only lasts at a high pitch for a few seconds. Strong Mad's voice, however, has no change whatsoever.Strong Mad: THIS IS MY FUNNY VOICE. THIS IS MY FUNNY VOICE!Strong Bad: Yeah, that's a pretty funny one, big guy.
- Inflating Body Gag: The Cheat blows up and floats away when he attempts to inhale the helium from a balloon.
- Mistaken Identity: Homestar mistakes the helium-filled The Cheat for a "fat, ugly bird".
- Orphaned PunchlineHomestar: ...so, from then on, it was pork and beans.Marzipan: I don't know if that's entirely healthy.
- Verbal Backspace: A non-verbal variant; Strong Bad writes Shack's name as "Shaq" before quickly correcting himself without comment.