Airdate: Monday, January 3, 2005
Strong Bad takes advantage of his semi-portable new computer and checks his latest e-mail from beneath Marzipan's kitchen table! Hunter wants to know if Strong Bad does anything besides check e-mails these days, to which Strong Bad indignantly replies:
On top of all that, Strong Bad has a "very part-time job"... one to which he is currently fifteen minutes late. Not helping matters is Homestar, who has barged into Marzipan's kitchen with a tennis ball he claims is his latest invention, the "Super Question Machine". Fortunately, Homestar is easily distracted by The Cheat's tap-dancing act, and Strong Bad makes a break for his place of employment: Bubs' Concession Stand.
Bubs' is a harsh task-master, alas, and is waiting to scold Strong Bad and ridicule his ambitions for his "e-mail show".
Bubs: And I'm gonna be two times two. Now put on your uniform and get to work!
Strong Bad: ...You're gonna be what?
Strong Bad's job involves dressing up as a "tragic clown-dog" and busking for the concession stand, occasionally putting up with customers trying to get pictures with him ("Pictures with the Tragic Clown Dog ain't free! Fifty bucks! Sixty bucks!"). After an encounter with Coach Z and Pom Pom, Strong Bad finally recalls his Lappy's pitiful battery life and, after a failed attempt to negotiate getting "now" off, quits his job and rushes back to Marzipan's just in time to finish the e-mail... or not.
Homestar: Yeah, you do.
(Cut to Marzipan's microwave, on which Strong Bad attaches a hastily-scribbled picture of himself with an exaggerated beefy arm and the caption "Yeah buddy, I have muscles! P.S.: preeeeow")
- And I'm the Queen of Sheba: This exchange:Strong Bad: I'm gonna be big one day. I'm gonna be a famous email checker!
Bubs: And I'm gonna be two times two.
- Bad Job, Worse Uniform: Strong Bad's job involves dressing up as a Tragic Clown Dog and handing out promotional fliers.
- Call-Back: The Lappy was established in "animal" as having a battery life of only five minutes, which is presumably how long it takes for Strong Bad to run to Bubs, mess around at his job, and run back to try and close out the e-mail.
- Continuity Nod:
- Goofy Suit: Strong Bad has to busk for the concession stand while dressed as a "Tragic Clown Dog".
- It's the Best Whatever, Ever!: Homestar declares The Cheat's tap-dancing act "the most amazing undersea epic ever filmed".
- It Will Never Catch On: Bubs mocks Strong Bad for "Wastin' time with that email show of yours again. That mess'll never get you anywhere!"
- Long List: Strong Bad's list of hobbies and interests:Strong Bad: I do everything! Always! Nature walks, Meet N' Greets, Bus Chucker Club, The League of Me and The Cheat Ice Cream Socials. Shut up!
- Parrot Expo What: In response to Bubs saying he will be "two times two", Strong Bad exclaims, "You're gonna be WHAT?"
- Stylistic Suck: An Easter egg shows Strong Bad and Bubs in a campy, semi-autobiographical play called "Dreamaway Johnny".Strong Bad: You'll see. Someday... someday... (sings) When all my dreams come...truuuuuuuuue!
- With Catlike Tread: Homestar clearly responds to Strong Bad's not-so-subtle stage-whispering from beneath Marzipan's kitchen table.
- When he arrives at his job, Strong Bad assumes that "Bubs must be passed out on the floor again" and audibly sings about arriving at work on time.