Airdate: Monday, July 19, 2004
Sender: Kevin OH
Self-proclaimed "email gambler" Strong Bad gets an email from "Kevin Oh!", who wonders what would happen if Pom Pom got poked with a pin. Strong Bad decides he'd pop or explode, depending on whether he's filled with hydrogen or helum, and if he's on fire.
Equipped with a pin, a lighter, and a "Rising Sun" headband, Strong Bad wanders off to the Field and gets to poking Pom Pom... or rather Homestar, who's in the middle of a conversation with Coach Z about domain names ("You sure it wasn't dot-com? Or dot-org?" "No, I'm pretty sure it was dot-egg.") when Strong Bad interrupts. Turns out Pom Pom's over at Bubs filming a documentary. Strong Bad departs, leaving Homestar with pink welts on his face doing an impression of an acne-riddled teenager ("Hey, Coach! Check me out! I've got bad zits!")
Over at the concession stand, Strong Bad makes his move, but he's even less of a match for Pom Pom than usual when he can't see where he's going, and Pom Pom proceeds to lay the smack-down on Strong Bad, sending him flying all the way back to the Compy room, where he crashes through the roof.
- Blatant Lies: Strong Bad insists that Pom Pom did not "beat the ever-loving snot out of [him]", despite the fact that the audience sees that happen.
- Continuity Nod: In an Easter egg, "email gambler" Strong Bad has a "pair of Abdis and a Viklas", while the best Bubs has is a MonkeyDude with a picture of Monkey D on it.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Strong Bad, despite his claims to the contrary, gets the everloving snot beat out of him by Pom Pom.
- Honest John's Dealership: Bubs tries to charge Strong Bad five bucks for "Face Smashings" and ten bucks for "Severe Pummelings".
- For Science!: Subverted. Strong Bad claims that blowing up Pom Pom had to be done for science, but then says that it was actually because somebody asked for it.
- Never My Fault: Kevin asks what would happen if Pom Pom got poked with a pin, and Strong Bad decides on his own to actually do it. After the attempt, Strong Bad claims Pom Pom died in a fiery explosion... and gets mad at Kevin for telling him to do it.
- Noodle Incident: Bubs has apparently either almost died at least fifteen times or actually died at least fourteen times.
- Orphaned Punchline:
- Homestar trying to remember a web address saying "I think it was dot-egg or dot-muffin or something."
- Bubs first appears saying "And that's how I almost died the fifteenth time!"
- Self-Imposed Challenge: In-universe, Strong Bad decides to blindfold himself to make it harder to pop Pom Pom.
- Shout-Out: The moves Pom-Pom uses to beat up Strong Bad are based on Kirby's neutral and up-tilt attacks from Super Smash Bros.. Pom Pom also scores a 1-Up from hitting Strong Bad seven times in a row, accompanied by sound effects from Super Mario Bros..
- Stuff Blowing Up: Strong Bad assumes (and adamantly insists) Pom Pom exploded in a big fiery ball that was visible from space.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: When writing a letter to Pom Pom's parents about his death, Strong Bad makes sure to point out that he didn't get beaten up by Pom Pom.