Steven and Garnet explore unlikely timelines in Beach City.
- Call-Back: Garnet admits that she didn't foresee Steven surrendering himself to Homeworld nor that he would return through Lion's mane.
- The Chains of Commanding: Garnet admits that she's been under pressure to act as the group's compass despite recent events having caught her completely off-guard.
- Character Development: Discussed; Garnet notes that Steven has grown over the series and is no longer the little kid who ran to her for guidance.
- Cute Kitten: Steven and Garnet follow a one-eyed kitten to an entire litter of them. Garnet decides to adopt the one they followed and names it Cat Steven.
- Didn't See That Coming: The entire plot of the episode has Steven and Garnet doing random things so that Garnet can predict improbable outcomes. It doesn't really work, but Steven assures her that if she can't see the future that will happen, she can pick the one she wants to happen and make it happen.
- Foreshadowing: Garnet states that she didn't foresee Steven understanding her explanation of what she was doing. Near the episode's end, she reveals that she still thought of Steven as a little kid who'd run to her for guidance and hadn't realized he matured, explaining why she couldn't see him understanding it.
- For Want of a Nail: Garnet confuses the current timeline for one where Onion got taken to space instead of Lars.
- From Stray to Pet: Garnet decides to adopt the stray cat they followed after helping the other kittens.
- Gender-Blender Name: Garnet decides to call the one-eyed cat "Cat Steven" even though she knows the cat is female (she's also a calico cat, and it's extremely rare for them to be male).
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: The kitten they follow and that Garnet ends up adopting has a scar across one eye.
- Iris Out: Over Vidalia's painting of Steven and Garnet.
- Literal-Minded: When Garnet says she feels lost, Steven thinks she means that she doesn't know how to get back to Beach City.Garnet: Steven. Lately, I've felt so lost.
Steven: Don't worry. I-I remember the way back to town.
- Mundane Utility:
- Garnet uses her future vision to fill customers' orders before they ask.
- Steven uses his shield as a makeshift umbrella when Garnet says she wants to get the kittens out of the rain.
- Pec Flex: After deciding to quit working at the Big Donut, Garnet flexes and inflates her muscles to destroy the uniform she was wearing.
- Punny Name: Garnet wanted to name her kitten "Steven", but Steven thought that would be confusing. So she names it Cat Steven.
- When going to pose for Vidalia, Garnet says "Paint me like one of your Amethysts."
- The tunnel in the thicket that Steven and Garnet follow the cat through is almost identical to the one Mai follows the small Totoro through in My Neighbor Totoro.
- Lion and Cat Steven's Sleep Cute scene is reminiscent to that of Chi's and Blackie's from Chi's Sweet Home.
- Tiny Cat Steven and huge Lion sleeping together also hearken back to Looney Tunes characters Pussyfoot and Marc Antony.
- The painting Vidalia holds up when Steven and Garnet burst into her garage is a recreation of The Scream by Edvard Munch, with herself in the place of the screaming figure.
- As mentioned in Punny Name, Garnet decides to name the one kitten she keeps "Cat Steven".
- Sleep Cute: The end of the episode cuts to Cat Steven on top of Lion, both asleep and looking very peaceful.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Steven realizes after a few episodes that the Big Donut apparently has no employees anymore, but finds Garnet working there. Then she quits, leaving the question open again.