A shuttle arrives carrying all the crew members who stayed behind on the Eden planet. However, none of them remember how they got onto the shuttle or arrived in front of Destiny.
- Came Back Wrong
- Clarke's Third Law: Quoted directly
- Downer Ending: Everybody who was on the shuttle died.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: Speculation about soul loss was not confirmed or denied.
- Reality Ensues: Leave a bunch of hippie scientists on a planet with only camping equipment and winter fast approaching? What did you think was going to happen?!
- Status Quo Is God: They got a shuttle to replace one they crashed in "Aftermath".
- Suddenly Always Knew That: Camille's not-previously-mentioned proficiency with hypnosis.
- Too Dumb to Live: The scientists get themselves killed through their own incompetence. When winter came, they sought shelter in the shuttle, but couldn't close the hatch or light a fire because of smoke inhalation. Apparently, building a roundhouse around the shuttle with a fire pit in the middle never occurred to them? Nor did covering the shuttle in snow, which would have provided excellent thermal insulation? The shuttle was also capable of sub-atmosphere hops. It can't be winter on the whole sphere, can it?