After having made it across the void, R2-D2, Colonel Gascon and D-Squad enter the town of Pons Ora in search of food, power and a way off of Abafar. Gascon and WAC-47 enter the Power Sliders diner, but are chased out by the proprietor, Mr. Borkus, after Gascon loudly announces himself. WAC suggests that Gascon try dumpster-diving for food, and while attempting to do this around back, they run into Gregor, an employee at the diner. Gascon and WAC immediately recognize Gregor as a clone... but he doesn't even remember the word "clone", or the Grand Army of the Republic, at all. It seems that Borkus had reasons beyond Fantastic Racism for chasing Gascon and WAC out of his business.
On top of this, R2 and the other astromechs have discovered battle droids, loading a shuttle with Abafar's volatile rhydonium fuel to blow up a Jedi Cruiser hovering above...
- Bolivian Army Ending: Gregor is last seen just before setting off a massive explosion.
- Call-Forward: In a Freeze-Frame Bonus, one of the businesses in Pons Ora is "Dr. Evazan Cosmetic Surgery". No, you probably shouldn't go there.
- Centipede's Dilemma: Borkus challenges Gregor to retrieve his weapons and armour from him. Gregor, still recalling his memories, can't do it.
- Description Cut: Gascon refutes R2's claim that Pons Ora is a Wretched Hive of criminals. Cut to a criminal standing in an alleyway, holding a knife behind his back. Cut back to Gascon as, in the background, the criminal leaps out and mugs a passerby.
- Fantastic Racism: Borkus chases Gascon and WAC out of his diner on the grounds that he doesn't serve droids or "conduit worms". (Gascon is actually a Zilkin.) It turns out, however, that that isn't the only reason Borkus kicked them out he didn't want them to see Gregor.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: See Call-Forward.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Borkus kicks Gascon and WAC out of his diner so they won't see Gregor. They end up going around to the back to dumpster-dive and meet him anyway.
- Important Haircut: Having grown it out, Gregor cuts his hair and shaves his beard after being reminded of who he really is.
- Meaningful Background Event: Gregor can be seen at the far end of the bar when Gascon and WAC enter the diner.
- Mythology Gag: Aside from appearance, Gregor's Clone Commando armor recreates a lot of elements from Republic Commando. The POV shot inside the helmet is a near-faithful recreation of that game's Diegetic Interface, and when Gregor speaks in that shot, it uses the same audio filter that was used when Boss spoke.
- Never Found the Body: Gregor is last seen surrounded by battle droids at the landing pad, and there's a massive explosion. Rebels reveals he survived.
- No One Gets Left Behind: Zig-zagged. When BZ (with Gascon inside) is knocked over by an explosion, Gascon implores WAC to leave him behind and save himself, and WAC complies without a second thought. Gregor, however, refuses to leave them behind and rights BZ so they can escape. WAC, in turn, offers to fly the shuttle over to Gregor and pick him up, but Gregor insists on staying behind to hold off the droid army, and promises to make his own way back.
- One-Man Army: Gregor, clone commando, versus the battle droids at the landing pad.
- Scannable Man: All clones have chips in their right forearms to identify them, but Gregor's is the only one we see being used.
- Shoot the Fuel Tank: Gregor's one-man assault on the battle droids is made easier by the barrels and barrels of highly volatile rhydonium fuel the Separatists have been mining that are consequentially all around the place.
- Special Edition Title: As with the rest of the D-Squad arc, this episode's opening logo is light blue.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Rhydonium is extremely volatile, which leads to Gregor shooting up barrels of the stuff during the assault on the landing pad.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Gregor went MIA after the Battle of Sarrish, one of the Republic's worst losses. Somehow he managed to escape, but his ship crashed on Abafar, and he was the only survivor. Even after being reminded of his true identity, Gregor doesn't remember exactly how he escaped.
- Wretched Hive: R2 comments that Pons Ora reminds him of Mos Eisley.
- You Shall Not Pass!: Gregor single-handedly fends off a small army of battle droids in order to allow Gascon and the droids to take off in their stolen shuttle.