Count Dooku puts the bounty hunters and Obi-Wan in a box designed to test their capabilities for the upcoming mission, and Obi-Wan must survive without using the Force.
- Chekhov's Gun: Sinrich, one of the bounty hunters, is stated to be the inventor of the Holographic Disguise Matrix, which would be used in the next episode.
- Death Course: What Eval's creation runs the bounty hunters through to find the best of the best.
- Disproportionate Retribution: One of the bounty hunters, an Ithorian named Bulduga, appears to be attempting to impersonate Cad Bane, despite their species looking nothing alike. And he has a hat just like Bane's old one. For this, Bane kills him and takes the hat.
- Dwindling Party: The express purpose of the Box is to whittle the bounty hunters down from eleven to five, and Dooku outright admits before they begin that he will execute any extra survivors to maintain the secrecy of the mission.
- Even Evil Has Standards: When Moralo Eval tries to dispose of Hardeen/Obi-Wan in a cowardly way, he is called out by both Cad Bane and Dooku, who give Hardeen a chance for a fair fight.
- Nice Hat: Ithorian bounty hunter Bulduga has a hat identical to Cad Bane's original one. This leads Bane to kill him for it.
- Shout-Out: One of the bounty hunters is a Weequay woman named Kiera Swan, winner of the Obsidian Sphere.
- Whole Plot Reference: The Box is a much less graphic version of the Cube from the film series of the same name.