Obi-Wan fakes his death to go undercover as his own killer at a Republic prison so he can uncover a plot to kill the Chancellor.
- Call-Back: Boba and Bossk have been imprisoned since "Lethal Trackdown".
- The Cameo: Boba Fett makes a brief appearance in the prison and picks a fight with the (disguised) Obi-Wan. And he's accompanied by Bossk.
- Cold Sniper: Rako Hardeen.
- Cramming the Coffin: As part of the escape plan, Bane, Eval, and "Hardeen" hide in chutes taking dead bodies to the crematorium. Obi-Wan is forced to get into the one that already has a dead prisoner in it.
- Fake Assassination: Obi-Wan's murder is faked with the aid of body armour and a vitals suppressant, although the assassin doesn't know the truth about the plot.
- Faking the Dead: Obi-Wan has his murder faked in order to have enough Villain Cred after assuming the murderer's identity.
- Get into Jail Free: The first stop on Obi-Wan's mission is prison, when an unknowing Anakin and Ahsoka are sent to arrest "Rako Hardeen" for Obi-Wan's murder.
- Noodle Incident: What exactly happened to make Boba Fett angry at Rako Hardeen? It's only stated that Boba claims he stole a bounty from him... that is, if he's not just lying since he's been paid to start a riot.
- Prison Episode: Obi-Wan goes to jail disguised as his alleged killer to infiltrate a plot against the Chancellor.
- Prison Riot: Cad Bane pays Boba Fett to get into a fight with "Rako Hardeen" in order to start one as a means of escape.
- We Will Not Use Stage Makeup In The Future: Obi-Wan is given Rako Hardeen's face by means of a painful procedure involving the injection of a substance with a very large needle. Well, he is going to prison.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The real Rako Hardeen is never seen again after Obi-Wan starts impersonating him. There was supposed to be a scene in "Friends and Enemies" where Anakin caught Rex taking Hardeen to a safe location, but it was scrapped because the writers thought it would be out-of-character for Rex to conceal information from Anakin.
- Whole Plot Reference: To Face/Off: A good guy has his face swapped with that of a criminal in order to infiltrate a high-security prison and uncover a plot.