While Padmé is planning an important banquet, C-3PO and R2-D2 are sent on a mission to acquire some jogan fruit to garnish the dessert. However, bounty hunter Cad Bane, planning a big job, is looking for information about the Senate Building on behalf of Jabba the Hutt, and kidnaps C-3PO. Finding C-3PO devoid of useful information, Bane and his accomplices kidnap R2-D2 after C-3PO lets slip that he's more likely to have that kind of information. Afterwards, the droids are dumped back in the street with their memories of the incident wiped. Returning to Padmé's with the fruit, Anakin tells the droids off for being late, with no one the wiser about what's happened.
- All There in the Manual: Since Todo 360 was destroyed in "Holocron Heist", and given the series' penchant for airing episodes in Anachronic Order, one would assume that this episode takes place before "Holocron Heist". However, the episode guide reveals that this episode takes place after the Holocron arc. Todo was rebuilt by Anakin in order to gain information on Bane, but the droid escaped and returned to his master.
- Anachronic Order: This episode is set after the Holocron arc ("Holocron Heist", "Cargo of Doom", and "Children of the Force"; 2:01-03), the Boba Fett Trilogy ("Death Trap", "R2 Come Home", and "Lethal Trackdown"; 2:20-22), and "Assassin" (3:08), but takes place before "Hostage Crisis" (1:22) and "Hunt for Ziro" (3:09).
- Black Comedy: C-3PO being tortured with electric shocks is interspersed with R2 getting pampered at the droid spa.
- Breather Episode: This episode serves this role between the rather dark episodes "Assassin" and "Hunt for Ziro", although it still has some dark moments of its own.
- Call-Back: This is the second time in the series that R2-D2's lack of memory wipes and vast stores of knowledge have made him important to the villains.
- Canon Immigrant: Gorga Desilijic Aarrpo, one of the Hutt Council members, was first introduced in what is now Star Wars Legends.
- Continuity Nod: The interrogator droid is the same type as the one seen in Jabba's palace in Return of the Jedi.
- A Day in the Limelight: For C-3PO and R2-D2.
- Do You Want to Haggle?: This episode reveals that C-3PO is terrible at haggling as the fruit vendor takes advantage of him, much to R2's disgust.
- Dramatic Irony: When R2-D2 and C-3PO finally get back to Padmé's apartment, Anakin is rather annoyed with them for apparently wasting time getting the jogan fruit. None of them know about the bounty hunters.
- Electric Torture: Subverted by being used on C-3PO and R2, who are droids. Also, the device appears to have some sort of scanning function, as it gives access to the information in the memories of the droids.
- Fembot: The attendants of the Droid Spa.
- Idiot Ball: R2-D2, who is so clever and heroic in the films and assigned by Anakin specifically to keep C-3PO out of trouble, is immediately suckered by Todo 360's sales pitch and pays no attention to Threepio's whereabouts until after his spa day is over.
- Is The Answer To This Question "Yes"?:C-3PO: Excuse me, fine sir, but do you by any chance have jogan fruit?
Vendor: Do I have jogan? Can a Jedi use the Force?
C-3PO: I shall take that as a yes.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Cad Bane has the droids' memories of the events erased so they can't tell anyone what happened. This, incidentally, is the only time in canon that R2 has had his memory wiped of anything.
- Loose Lips: C-3PO, after Bane insults him by claiming that he's useless, reveals that plans and schematics were never part of his programming because it's always Artoo who handles that kind of information.
- My God, What Have I Done?: C-3PO has this reaction right after his Loose Lips moment.
- Not so Above It All: While R2 has many cute moments throughout Star Wars history, he's completely tempted and distracted in this episode (after Anakin explicitly told him not to get distracted from his assignment to buy some fruit for Padmé's cake) by a droid maintenance bar (filled with cute fembots, too!) and is obviously enjoying himself there. He also doesn't realize C-3PO isn't there with him until it's too late.
- Shout-Out: Senator Aang.