While investigating rumors about conspiracy surrounding Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore about her secretly creating an army for the Separatists despite being neutral, Obi-Wan uncovers the truth about a mysterious Mandalorian plot and is assigned to protect Duchess Satine from a terrorist organization called Death Watch.
- Abandoned Mine: Subverted. On Mandalore, everyone believes the old mines on the moon Concordia are abandoned, but Pre Vizsla, the leader of Death Watch and the governor of the moon, had them restarted. Obi-Wan of course doesn't believe them to be abandoned for a second.
- Actual Pacifist: Satine and most of the Mandalorians are this.
- Artistic License Physics: Concordia is the moon of Mandalore, so it's smaller than its parent planet by definition and should therefore have a weaker gravity. However, there's no evidence of any kind of gravity difference. A weaker gravity would have actually come in handy when Obi-Wan has to fight a bunch of Death Watch members with jetpacks, but his jumps aren't any higher than on Mandalore.
- Badass in Distress: Obi-Wan briefly winds up in this position after two Death Watch commandos ambush him and stick him in a mining conveyor belt with plans to kill him.
- Blasting It Out of Their Hands: Obi-Wan disarms the Death Watch bomber by deflecting one of his own shots into his blaster. He is then later subjected to it himself when a Death Watch commando shoots his lightsaber out of his hands.
- Conveyor Belt o' Doom: Two Death Watch soldiers trap Obi-Wan in a force-field holder on a conveyor belt designed to carry rocks from the mine to a crusher. Satine manages to rescue him.
- Cool Sword: Vizsla's weapon is a black katana-like lightsaber called the Darksaber, which has an inverted color scheme to standard lightsabers in that its core is colored and its edges are white. He says it was recovered by his ancestors during the fall of the Old Republic.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Pre Vizsla (who is a reactionary and a traitor to Satine) gives Obi-Wan his lightsaber back in order to have a proper duel.
- Make It Look Like an Accident: The Death Watch soldiers' reason for sticking Obi-Wan in the mine's conveyor belt."Time for General Kenobi to meet with his fatal accident."
- Multitasked Conversation: When Obi-Wan contacts Sabine to ask her to come and help him, she's in the middle of a conversation with Pre Vizsla. She does her best to make her responses to Obi-Wan seem like natural things to say to Vizsla.
- Retcon: Previous Expanded Universe material indicated Jango Fett was a Mandalorian and a member of Clan Fett. This episode retcons him into nothing more than a bounty hunter that somehow acquired Mandalorian armor.
- The Starscream: Pre Vizsla is the Governor of Concordia, but seeks to topple Duchess Satine to take over Mandalore.
- You Have Failed Me: Pre Vizsla kills one of his subordinates after he fails to execute Obi-Wan.