Warning! This story arc recap page contains unmarked spoilers! Read at your own peril!
List of episodes in this story arc
General Grievous has launched a deadly new weapon called the Malevolence
, a Subjugator
-class heavy cruiser armed with dual mega-ion cannons that are capable of disabling the power systems of entire fleets and rendering them defenseless against the ship's massive array of turbolasers.
- Activation Sequence: During the first time the Malevolence fires its fleet-disabling weapon in "Rising Malevolence", the order is given, battle droids activate the system as an electronic hum begins building up, and the emitter near the front of the ship begins to glow before firing a disk of electromagnetic energy that leaves its targets helpless.
- Bus Full of Innocents: Kaliida Shoals Medical Center serves this role in "Shadow of Malevolence", as the Malevolence intended to destroy it while it was full of injured clones and under the command of Dr. Nala Se.
- Dramatic Space Drifting: The first escape pod Plo and company encounter in the debris field in "Rising Malevolence" is turned around to discover that it's been attacked and cut open, with a dead clone floating in the hole in the viewport. With the second pod, the one they witness being attacked by the podhunter, they see the clone officers inside being sucked out into space.
- Hyperspace Is a Scary Place: "Destroy Malevolence" presents the dangers of hitting a mass shadow in hyperspace firsthand when the Malevolence flies directly into a nearby moon after Anakin sabotages the navicomputer.
- Space Is an Ocean: After the Malevolence gets its primary weapons destroyed in "Shadow of Malevolence", the ongoing fires around the damaged areas of the cruiser are accompanied by plumes of smoke billowing "upwards" as it cruises along. Not to mention the Republic ship that gets damaged and goes "down" later. It is particularly notable because the only planet in sight, and thus the only gravity well, is behind the ship.
- Space Station: In "Shadow of Malevolence", Grievous attempts to destroy a Republic medical base that can treat up to 60,000 clone troopers.
- Wave-Motion Gun: The giant, ship-mounted ion cannon that's on the Malevolence.