Warning! This story arc recap page contains unmarked spoilers! Read at your own peril!
List of episodes in this story arc
Plot summaryThe Republic finds a conspiracy to construct a new war factory. The battle returns to Geonosis, where the war began. But to protect the Republic, the deepest secrets of the planet must be unearthed.
- Air-Vent Passageway: In "Brain Invaders", Ahsoka and Barriss escape from mind-controlled clone troopers via jumping into the air vents. Later in the episode, Ahsoka uses the same vents to travel to the coolant control room and the bridge while she's running from Barriss.
- Anachronic Order: This story arc chronologically takes place after the Zillo Beast arc.
- Beautiful Dreamer: In "Brain Invaders", Ahsoka Tano and Barriss Offee are trapped aboard a Meat Puppet-infested Pelta-class frigate. Barriss is herself taken over and turns against Ahsoka, who cannot bring herself to kill her friend. When Ahsoka finally manages to subdue Barriss, she cradles her in her arms and holds her unconscious body until Ahsoka passes out as well and lies with her.
- Big Badass Battle Sequence: "Landing at Point Rain" features the Republic retaking Geonosis, since there isn't any Action Film, Quiet Drama Scene or a pause in the action where it slows down.
- Body-Count Competition: In "Landing at Point Rain", Anakin and Ahsoka start one up. At the end, Anakin has 55 while Ahsoka has 60. Then, Ki-Adi-Mundi says he has 65 and asks what his prize was, to which Anakin responds that it is his everlasting respect.
- In "Weapons Factory", Luminara tries to counsel Anakin to be prepared for the worst if Ahsoka and Barriss die during the mission. His refusal to do so is admirable (since it does help save Ahsoka and Barriss), but it's also the exact issue, when concerning Padmé, that ultimately leads to Anakin's turn to the Dark Side.
- In "Brain Invaders", mind-controlled clone troopers open fire on Ahsoka and Barriss. When they manage to incapacitate Barriss, one of the clone troopers, Edge, remarks that if there is one thing the clone troopers know, it's how to stop Jedi.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies: "Legacy of Terror" features Geonosian warrior zombies.
- Gunship Rescue: In "Landing at Point Rain", the clone troopers under Obi-Wan are falling back and an injured Obi-Wan activates his lightsaber for their Last Stand... and a squadron of Y-Wings arrive to take out the incoming Separatist droids and Geonosians.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Subverted in "Weapons Factory" when Ahsoka and Barriss Offee assume that using their hijacked battle tank to destroy a power reactor will take them with it, and are prepared for a triumphant death in a blaze of glory. However, this particular battle tank is touted as invincible and lives up to that. They find themselves trapped in the rubble afterward and the prospect of dying of either starvation or asphyxiation is much less appealing than death in combat. Ahsoka is able to improvise a communicator to signal that they're alive and eventually they're dug out of the debris.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: In "Brain Invaders", Ahsoka finds herself the only individual not infected with a mind-controlling parasite and spends some time trying to snap people out of it. However, once it becomes clear that she cannot snap the other person out of it, she does fight to defend herself.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: At the end of "Senate Spy", Anakin leaves Clovis to Lott Dod and his Separatist droids. Anakin has displayed jealousy and barely-concealed rage towards Clovis throughout the entire charade.
- Not So Above It All: In "Landing at Point Rain", Anakin and Ahsoka hold a Body-Count Competition during the Second Battle of Geonosis. After the battle, Ahsoka asks for Anakin's total, and it turns out she won. Anakin, however, claims that since he called in the airstrike, it adds enough to his tally to make it a tie. Upon hearing this, Master Ki-Adi-Mundi adds his own total, which is larger than both Ahsoka's or Anakin's, and then casually asks what he's won.Anakin Skywalker: My everlasting respect, Master Mundi.
- Not Using the "Z" Word: Averted by Obi-Wan in "Legacy of Terror" when he calls the zombies what they are.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Undead Geonosian warriors are featured in "Legacy of Terror". Immune to pain and injury? Check. Creepy? Check. Caused by mind-control worms that go up people's noses? Check.
- Parasite Zombie: The Geonosian brain worms introduced in "Legacy of Terror" are capable of controlling Geonosian corpses.
- The Password Is Always "Swordfish": In "Senate Spy", Rush Clovis uses "Padmé" as his password to access the plans of the Separatist's new droid factory because he's had a long lasting crush on Padmé Amidala. She successfully guesses it just after a few tries and is visibly unnerved at how creepy it is.
- Space Station: In "Brain Invaders", Ahsoka and Barriss accompany a transport of supplies to another medical base.