This episode aired November 17, 2019.
Kaz, CB-23, Torra and Freya Fenris are sent to an outpost on Ashas Ree, a remote planet the Colossus is passing by, for supplies. While prepping a shuttle, Kaz runs into Eila and Kel, who are sick of being cooped up in engineering and persuade Kaz to let them secretly tag along on the mission. On approach to the planet, however, Kaz, Freya and Torra can't raise any signal, and arrive at the outpost, the sole settlement on the planet, to find it completely abandoned. When the party splits up to collect supplies, since they might as well not let things go to waste, Kaz finds that Eila and Kel have wandered over to the village's large temple, which Eila assumes to be a temple of the Force. It reminds the kids of home.
Kaz tries to get the kids to leave since they're supposed to be gathering supplies when they hear a woman calling for help from somewhere deep inside. Eila and Kel leap to search for the voice, with Kaz forced to follow. Heading underground, they find another temple, one outfitted with black stone and glowing red lines and ancient writing. Kaz is separated from the kids when he accidentally steps on a pressure plate, and tries to tell them to stay in place and watch their step, but then Eila drags Kel off, to Kaz's frustration. When CB-23 detects a single lifeform elsewhere in the temple, she and Kaz head off in search. Kaz gets shocked when he steps on another pressure plate, and dazedly follows CB into a chamber where a black and gold relic sits on a plinth in the centre. The woman's voice comes from nearby, warning Kaz not to touch the artifact, but, dazed, he doesn't listen and falls into a trapdoor when he touches the object.
As Kel and Eila become lost in the endless identical corridors of the underground temple, Kaz finds himself with an intimidating old woman who demands to know if he works for the First Order, and who explains that she raised the Sith temple, causing the villagers to flee. As CB-23 tracks the kids down and takes them to the relic chamber, the woman orders Kaz, who she finds annoying, not to move in case he sets off another booby trap. Inevitably, he does just that while retrieving his dropped flashlight, causing the room to spin and pin him and the woman to the walls, as the floor rises up to become a mechanism that threatens to grind them into pulp.
Outside, Freya and Torra finish loading up the shuttle but can't raise Kaz or CB on their comms, only to discover that the shuttle has picked up unknown ships approaching...
- Alliterative Title: "The Relic Raiders".
- All There in the Manual:
- The credits reveal that the Raiders' leader is named Agent Raith.
- Online supplementary material reveals that Ashas Ree, as in Legends, was once ruled by the Sith.
- Big Damn Heroes: After disappearing, Mika reappears atop the temple and saves Kaz, Torra, Freya, CB and the kids from the raiders by activating the artifact.
- Big "SHUT UP!": The woman yells at Kaz to shut up a few times because she thinks he talks too much.
- Booby Trap: The temple has several, including weight plates in the floor that close doors and activate electrical stunners, as well as the relic in the centre room being booby-trapped so that anyone who touches it falls into a trapdoor.
- Canon Immigrant: Ashas Ree originated in a sourcebook for the Legends comic book Tales of the Jedi, where it was part of the Sith Empire.
- Collapsing Lair: Kas, Eila, Kel, CB-23 and Mika are forced to leg it out of the Sith temple when Kaz accidentally hits a glyph that causes the place to collapse.
- Continuity Nod:
- The Sith temple is decorated in a style much like the Malachor ruins from Rebels, including writing in the Old Tongue.
- Mika explains that the Sith temple was buried under a Jedi one as an attempt at sealing the dark forces within. The Jedi Temple on Coruscant was built over a Sith temple as well.
- Elite Mooks: First Order Raiders, whose job is to recover artifacts like what the woman took from the Sith temple for their leader.
- At the beginning, Captain Doza says that he's giving Freya the last of the Colossus' remaining money to pay for supplies. They don't need to use it this episode, but the situation is still bad.
- The electric booby trap that shocks Kaz looks the same as the energy unleashed by the artifact when Mika activates it.
- Fun With Blenders: A gigantic one activates and nearly kills Kaz and Mika before Eila and Kel are able to turn it off.
- I Resemble That Remark!: When the woman tells Kaz that he talks too much, he protests to that by continuing to babble.
- Oh, Crap!:
- Torra and Freya when they discover that the shuttle is picking up several approaching craft on its scanners, and Kaz and CB-23 are missing.
- Kaz, CB-23, the kids and the woman when they hear approaching First Order forces after escaping from the collapsed temple.
- The Raiders, when Mika activates the relic and throws it at them. They don't manage to deactivate it before it goes off and electrocutes them all.
- Properly Paranoid: In the underground chamber, the woman orders Kaz not to move because he might activate another trap. When he does move to grab his flashlight, he does just that.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: How Eila and Kel persuade Kaz to let them come along.
- Schmuck Bait: The booby-trapped golden relic. Kaz falls for it in part by having just been shocked silly by another booby trap.
- Shout-Out: The whole temple has a very Indiana Jones flair to it.
- Stealth Hi/Bye:
- Eila and Kel make their entrance into the episode this way, to Kaz's annoyance.
- The woman disappears when Kaz turns back to her while trying to make a plan to deal with the First Order Raiders, attempting to ask her what her name is.
- Temple of Doom: The Sith temple, besides being a Sith temple, is full of booby traps and very easy to get lost in.
- Tempting Fate:
- Mika attempts to lead Kaz, Eila, Kel and CB to her ship parked over the ridge, but Kaz wonders if the First Order forces haven't found it. An explosion proves that they have.
- Moments later, Kaz tells Eila and Kel that they can avoid the raiders if they stay quiet and out of sight... only to be almost immediately captured.
- Trap Door: The central relic is booby-trapped so that anyone who touches it gets dropped down one of these.
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong?: Kaz says this word-for-word to CB-23 regarding letting the kids come on what should be an uneventful supply trip, clearly having not learned that that particular phrase is at the top of the list for "things that will tempt fate".
- Would Hurt a Child: Agent Raith threatens to kill the children if Mika doesn't hand over the power source.
- You Talk Too Much: The old woman describes Kaz as "the type who talks too much and knows too little." He cements that notion when he protests.