Sabine attempts to recruit her old friend, Ketsu Onyo, to the Rebellion by partnering up in a supply mission.
- Adaptation Expansion: The novelization adds in additional scenes and dialogue not in the short.
- Ambiguous Time Period: The short at least takes place after Season 3, as evidenced by the magazine comics featuring Ketsu, which go into Season 3. However, that doesn't explain why Sabine has her Season 2 colour scheme, apart from Limited Animation.
- As You Know: In the novelization, Sabine and Hera explain to each other who Ketsu is and why she hasn't joined yet for the sake of Exposition Dump & if viewers have forgotten who she is (when the episode came out, she had last appeared in Season 2 of Rebels two years ago, before Forces of Destiny began and hadn't appeared in the show since).
- Bittersweet Ending: Yay! The child is saved! Ketsu is a rebel!... But the mission failed; not a single crate of food was taken back. Unless Hera magnet-grabbed the crates like in other episodes of Rebels, or even found another place to steal crates.
- Call-Back: To the events of "Blood Sisters". Other encounters with Ketsu in "The Forgotten Droid" and the magazine comics aren't talked about, though justified in that they're besides the point.
- Call-Forward: Sabine's new appearance in Season 4 has her change her orange starbird to yellow. In the novelization, she paints a yellow starbird onto Ketsu's armor at the end of this episode. However, as Limited Wardrobe is in play, Sabine is still in her Season 2 appearance, and the actual episode revealed Ketsu's starbird is just the regular Rebel Alliance insignia.
- Continuity Nod: Though not explicitly referenced, Ketsu left Black Sun due to being disgruntled with their methods. In the magazine comics, in one incident, she informs Sabine that an old friend of hers has been imprisoned by Black Sun so she can break him out, and in another incident, she refuses to follow orders to kill a former hitman of Black Sun who quit the organization because he was tired of killing & wanted to take care of his family.
- Exposition Dump: In the short, Sabine explains that Ketsu left Black Sun and is now open to joining the rebels.
- Good Costume Switch: Sabine paints a rebel starbird over the Black Sun insignia on Ketsu's armor when the latter agrees to join the rebels.
- HeelFace Turn: Ketsu eventually left Black Sun offscreen prior to this episode. According to the novelization, it was because she didn't like they way they rolled.
- Innocuously Important Episode: Ketsu joins the Rebellion at the end of the episode, a rather important choice for her to make, in spite of the show being about minor moments in the characters' lives.
- Last-Name Basis: Ketsu refers to Sabine as "Wren", at least in the novelization.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: While we don't know how she would've dealt with young children prior to "Blood Sisters" and she does mock a preteen boy in "Too Late to Change" from Rebels Magazine, a Chadra-Fan child refugee found hiding in the food crate in the midst of a firefight is used to show that Ketsu does care and is capable of being a heroine by helping Sabine in trying to get both him and the crate back to the Ghost.