Star tries to keep Marco's hoodie from being washed.
- Honor Before Reason: Lavabo is driven to wash the hoodie at any cost due to the legacy of his family, even when his princess is telling him in no uncertain terms she doesn't want it washed and is demanding it be returned as is.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: As Lavabo stated, the hoodie did get cleaned, but what Star smells, with no explanation whatsoever is the memory of Marco.
- Memento MacGuffin: Star still keeps Marco's hoodie. It has been unwashed since she got it and she refuses to have it washed because each smell, no matter how nauseating, is a reminder of her and Marco's relationship. When Pony Head tosses it down the laundry chute, Star freaks out and tries to get it back before it gets washed.
- Perverted Sniffing: Downplayed, but Star lies about having seen Marco's hoodie so she can keep it for her own pleasure and is extremely embarrassed when Pony Head catches her. At the end, Marco makes sure the coast is clear before giving the hoodie a good whiff.
- Serious Business: Lavabo refuses not to wash a dirty garment no matter how much Star demands it back. In turn, Star is so determined to get it back that Lavabo thinks she's willing to kill him over it, making his determination that much more impressive.
- Shipper on Deck: When Marco and Star are awkwardly trying to step around each other, Moon and River exchange a smile.
- Shot in the Ass: One of Star's magic blasts singes Lavabo's ass, though it doesn't stop him.
- Smells Sexy: Star's rationale for not wanting Marco's hoodie laundered. As Lavabo eventually points out, it's the association with Marco that makes its scent appealing to her rather than the actual odour. This is why Star still thinks it smells like Marco post-wash, and why Marco thinks it smells like her.