King Butterfly visits Star and the Diazes after a spat with the Queen, but he soon wears out his welcome.
- Accidental Misnaming: While sleep-deprived by her father's obnoxiously loud late night antics, Star briefly addresses Marco as Oskar, the name of the guy she has a crush on.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: "If your mother were here, and knew you were using magic inappropriately, she would send you straight to St. Olga's but I'm not your mother!"
- Big Eater: Helios, who after eating all the food at the party, makes plans to eat the entire planet next.
- Comically Missing the Point: When Marco asks Star if the King's behavior (showing up unannounced and causing chaos) sounds familiar, she only remarks that he does the same thing to the Queen.
- Compressed Hair: In the opening scene, Star has the entirety of her knee-length hair contained under a swimming cap (though she could have used magic to achieve that affect).
- Continuity Nod:
- Fun with Flushing: King Butterfly's fascination with the toilet leads him to throw everything inside to watch it go down, with Star egging him on.
- Hypocritical Humor: When Star complains about her father showing up and causing chaos, Marco dryly remarks, I can weirdly relate. Star says the same thing to her father when he complains about Helios crashing his party.
- Ironic Echo Cut: When Star turns the house into a water park, Marco says that his father is going to flip. Mr. Diaz then jumps into the pool, yelling "I'm doing a flip!"
- Jerkass Realization: Both Star and King Butterfly get this at the end of the episode when they finally notice how their shenanigans affect the people who have to put up with them.
- Mundane Object Amazement: Star and her father regard the Diazes' bathroom as "the most magical room in the house", especially the toilet.
- Running Gag: Throughout the episode, Marco is trying (and failing) to keep his socks dry.
- The Thing That Would Not Leave: King Butterfly decides to make his visit permanent, much to Star's chagrin.
- Trash of the Titans: It doesn't take long for King Butterfly to leave Star's room a mess of dirty laundry.
- Weird Sun: One of King Butterfly's party guests is Helios, a miniature, sentient sun, who's been known to devour whole planets if his appetite isn't satisfied.
- Wild Teen Party: King Butterfly invites all his friends to a party at the Diazes' home while the parents are away.