Odo begins a romance with a woman targeted for death by the Orion Syndicate.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Bashir says to a female holosuite character, "You just jumped out of an airplane at 20,000 feet and yet, there's not a hair on your head out of place."
- BrainComputer Interface: Arissa has a 'dataport' behind her ear.
- Cyberpunk: Unusually so, for Star Trek.
- Deep Cover Agent: Arissa, so deep that even she doesn't know she's an agent on account of her altered memories.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Poor Odo.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: The way Arissa talks about men using and touching her makes her sound like a Sex Slave.
- Geeky Turn-On: Odo first finds Arissa interesting when she informs Quark that someone on the second floor is using a device to cheat the dabo wheel.
- Good Adultery, Bad Adultery: Odo and Arissa's relationship could be considered an affair as Arissa was actually married, but at the time she had been imprinted with a new identity that was unaware of her marriage and so technically wasn't 'cheating' as she didn't know there was anyone to cheat on.
- I Just Shot Marvin in the Face: Sorm and Traidy shoot a man in the cold open and accidentally vaporize him."Huh. I thought it was on stun."
"Look what you did to the carpet!"
- Fat and Skinny: Sorm and Traidy.
- Memory Gambit: Memories were backed up and temporarily deleted from the host body in order to infiltrate while fooling telepaths, leaving only a vague trigger to guide the agent back at the end of the mission.
- Moment Killer: Bashir is about to smooch his holo-lady when Odo shows up and inadvertently cockblocks him.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: O'Brien's fake accent momentarily disappears when he sees Odo talking to Bashir.(as Falcon) "Car trouble, Mr. Bashir?" (as O'Brien) "Hi, Odo."
- Resignations Not Accepted: According to Arissa, you don't leave the Orion Syndicate unless they let you.
- The Syndicate: The Orion Syndicate, the series' go-to for organized criminal activity.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Subverted. O'Brien, as Falcon, sneaks up on the other side of the car while Julian is trying to give romantic advice to Odo.
- Typecasting: In-Universe: O'Brien gets rather annoyed that he keeps getting cast as Falcon in Bashir's secret agent program.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Arissa says that Odo has "bedroom eyes," quite flustering him.