Dan tells Abby about a track and field event the show covered. Jeremy continues to feel awkward about his potential relationship with Jenny.
This episode contains examples of:
- All Women Are Lustful:Natalie: You jump better than you talk?Oscar: I do almost everything better than I talk, Natalie.Natalie: One of these days, you're gonna have to come up here and prove that to me, Oscar.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Jenny gives one of these to Jeremy after he makes a crack about her profession.
- Author Appeal: The fact the characters are mildly obsessing about the weather.
- Call-Back: Abby brings up the list of 100 most influential people in sports. Dan denies to her and to Casey that he's bothered by it, and that will be important in the next couple of episodes.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: This is Abby's last appearance.
- Flashback: The episodes goes back and forth between Dan and Abby at her office, and the previous nights' broadcast.
- Hypocritical Humor:Casey: You know, I'm getting kind of tired of having to bribe people with food. I'm not doing that anymore.Jeremy: Pizza.Casey: You got it.
- Insistent Terminology:Abby: A porn star?Dan: I believe they prefer to be called "adult-film actress."
- Papa Wolf:Jeremy: I think I'm in love with this girl. No, obviously love's too strong, but I met this girl.Isaac: Is she in any way related to me?Jeremy: No.Isaac: Then we're fine.
- Shout-Out: When Dan tells Abby how the show gets news (see Technology Marches On below), he brings up Citizen Kane.
- Technology Marches On: Discussed In-Universe; Abby thinks Dan received the news about the event by teletype, and he points out they have live satellite feeds now.