Patrick goes on vacation with SpongeBob's family to the Great Barrier Reef.
Contains examples of:
- Ascended Extra: This is the largest role SpongeBob's parents have had so far.
- Big "NO!": By Patrick after SpongeBob starts browsing the tourist trap, causing him to spend all his money there.
- Given Name Reveal: SpongeBob's mother's name is revealed to be Margaret.
- Go-to-Sleep Ending: The episode ends with SpongeBob and Patrick going to sleep after the adventure they had.
- Growling Gut: When a loud growling sound is heard, SpongeBob assumes it's Patrick's stomach, only for Patrick to reveal that he had his stomach's vocal cords removed. When the growling sound is heard again, SpongeBob states that it's his own stomach.
- "Setting Off" Song/The Something Song: "The Road Song".
- The Un-Reveal: We never actually get to see the Great Barrier Reef.
- Wasn't That Fun?: After falling off a cliff and sliding down a storm drain into a crater, Patrick shouts about how fun that was and wants to do it again, only to discover that he can't climb back up.
- Whole Episode Flashback: The episode begins with a prologue of SpongeBob inviting his friends over to see a slideshow of the events of the episode.