You Don't Know Sponge
Air date: August 9, 2010
As it turns out Patrick doesnt know much about his best friend
The episode starts with our favorite duo playing games from their favorite magazine Simple-ton, but things turn south when they play the quiz. Where Spongebob aces every answer Patrick cant even answer What shape is your best friend. Squidward mocks the outcome but Spongebob brushes it off. It doesnt take long for Spongebob to break up with Patrick when he callously gets his favorite flavor of ice cream for both of them and asks Spongebob to pay for it. Spongebob dumps the money on the ground and runs off in tears. After a brief visit to home Spongebob goes to Sandys for advice who says they need some time apart. Spongebob tries but sees Patrick just fine without him, even going out with Larry the Lobster. Spongebob confronts the duo but learns that Patrick was just shopping with him. The two reunite and all is back to normal.
You Don't Know Sponge contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Its okay if a friend doesnt know something about you, but it doesnt mean you cant be friends at all.
- Bizarre Taste in Food: Patrick's favorite ice cream flavor is "dill pickle swirl with mustard and extra bacon bits", compared to Spongebob's plain Vanilla.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: The episode plays as if Spongebob and Patrick having a bump in their relationship.
- Gift-Giving Gaffe:Patrick: I got your favorite. Dill pickle swirl with mustard and extra bacon bits.SpongeBob: That's not my favorite, Patrick. That's your favorite. My favorite is plain vanilla.Patrick: Oh well, more for me.
- Prone to Tears: Spongebob doesn't take Patrick's callousness that well.
- Took a Level in Dumbass: Patrick as the episode wouldn't have a plot otherwise.
- With Friends Like These...: It's not that Patrick's intentionally being a jerk, he's really that dense.
Tunnel Of Glove
Air date: February 12, 2011
Spongebob and Pearl spend the day at Glove World together, whether she wants to or not.
The episode starts with Pearl and her two friends waiting in line for the Tunnel of Glove. Unfortunately for Pearl, Spongebob and Patrick show up to take the ride as well. Pearls friends make fun of her and head on the ride, leaving Pearl to go on the ride with Spongebob as single rides are not allowed. Pearl acts rudely as Spongebob regales her with boring work stories. Unable to take anymore Pearl tries to leave the boat with Spongebob holding her back. Spongebob is launched upwards and hits the ceiling, causing the gears to become stuck with one of the decorations for hours. Patrick (eventually) learns that his friend is stuck on the ride and tries to save him but only cause needless destruction, starting with shutting off the lights by ripping out the generator. In the dark, Spongebob scares Pearl with ideas of monsters like crawling clowns. As Patrick messes around the inside of the ride becomes more and more chaotic culminating with the rides animatronics trying to kill the duo. Theyre saved by Patrick mistaking the rides water control room with a toilet and leave on a boat. Pearl admits to the ride being a little fun only to be made fun of her friends. Pearl gets the last laugh as an animatronic clown scares Spongebob and the two girls and takes a photo for posterity, like what they did to her. The episode ends with Patrick stuffing his face with food as he eats with the generator.
Tunnel Of Glove contains examples of:
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Pearl, of course. She complains the entire episode (which isn't all that hard when Spongebob won't shut up) and acts ungrateful when she escapes with Spongebob. Pearl's friends are also pretty rude as well.
- Hostile Animatronics: What attack the duo.
- Monster Clown: What Spongebob worries about, though the crawling clown animatronic is more of a Non-Ironic Clown.
- He's Not My Boyfriend: Pearl's friends think Spongebob is her boyfriend, which she denies.
- Took a Level in Dumbass: Patrick, yet again. His role in the episode is less of being a character and more of a plot device; he constantly messes up in the park's control room, mistakes a power box that sort-of looks like his best friend with Spongebob, and generally causes mayhem in the Tunnel of Glove through his idiocy.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Pearl is inexplicably rude towards Spongebob in this episode.
- Tunnel of Love: Where most of the episode takes place.