When a new superhighway is being planned to go straight through Jellyfish Fields, SpongeBob launches a crusade against the construction company responsible in order to save his favorite hangout.
Spongebob's Last Stand contains examples of:
- Berserk Button: The Jellyfish were outraged that their natural habitat was converted into a superhighway.
- Darkest Hour: Plankton successfully builds the Shelly Superhighway over Jellyfish Fields, resulting in him taking customers away from the Krusty Krab, and Mr. Krabs decides he could no longer stay in business and is ready to sell off the Krabby Patty Secret Formula.Mr. Krabs: Plankton, I'm ready to negotiate a price for me secret formula.
Plankton: Oh, sure! Let me just wind my watch!
Mr. Krabs: What for?
Plankton: 'Cause I'm gonna love every minute of this!
- Didn't Think This Through: Mr. Krabs was all for the superhighway...until he learned that the highway would go over the Krusty Krab and put it out of business.
- I Warned You: SpongeBob continuously tries to tell everyone that if Jellyfish Fields is demolish, the jellyfish will have no place to live, but nobody listens to him. His concerns end up being verified when the jellyfish come into town.
- Look Ma, I Am on TV!: One Bikini Bottomite overdoes it while the news reporter is not amused.Bill: Hi Mom! Hi, Dad! Hey, Dr. Slieen! [SpongeBob is seen running away from jellyfish in the background] Hey, Jennifer! Hey, Sally! Hey, Francis! Hey, Mable! Hey, Julie! Hey, Abigail!
- Mistaken Confession: When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs confront Plankton about the highway, he confesses that he's been stealing Mr. Krabs' mail for the past five years. Mr. Krabs was visibly shocked.
- Near-Villain Victory: Plankton has successfully run the Krusty Krab out of business and is on the verge of getting the Krabby Patty secret formula from a willing Mr. Krabs.
- Time for Plan B: With Mr. Krabs actually losing his business to Plankton thanks to the Superhighway, he decides it's time to activate Plan Zed-Niner-Niner. Unfortunately for SpongeBob and Squidward, it means that he's going to sell the Krabby Patty Secret Formula to Plankton.
- Yes-Man: Mr. Krabs loves saying aye. He regrets it later, after he realized that he unwittingly said it during a vote for the superhighway.Mr. Krabs: Oh, why did I say "aye"?