Grandpappy the Pirate
Mr. Krabs' grandpa comes to visit... and he thinks he's a pirate!
Contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Don't lie about your life; it's important to tell the truth.
- Captain Colorbeard: Mr. Krabs' grandfather is a pirate named Redbeard.
- Hand-or-Object Underwear: SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward try to cover themselves after Mr. Krabs tears off their pirate clothes, leaving them naked.
- It Runs in the Family: At the end when Grandpappy takes off with all of his gandson's loot. Mr. Krabs just laughs and says "I knew I got my talent from somewhere."
- Maintain the Lie: Mr. Krabs has to convince Grandpappy that he is a pirate.
- A Pirate 400 Years Too Late: Grandpappy.
- So Proud of You: Mr. Krabs's success with the Krusty Krab, which to Grandpappy proves that he's still a pirate at heart.
- Special Guest: Dennis Quaid as Grandpa Redbeard.
Squidward gets kicked out of a secret society thanks to Spongebob and Patrick, who try to make it up to him.
Contains examples of:
- Bag of Kidnapping: Spongebob and Patrick do this to Squidward to try and put him into their own secret society.
- Brotherhood of Funny Hats: The titular Lodge.
- Childhood Brain Damage:Squidward: Were you dropped on your head as a child?Spongebob: How do you know?Squidward (sarcastically): Psychic powers.
- Cruel Twist Ending: Squidward "stops" the giant eel-sock, which is Spongebob and Patrick in disguise, and he is back in the lodge; but then Spongebob and Patrick reveal their disguise, which causes Squidward to be kicked out once more.
- For Want of a Nail: Basically Squidward gets kicked out of the lodge because Spongebob and Patrick followed him inside.
- Get Out!: Squidward is banned from the lodge because the other members believe he was responsible for letting outsiders like Spongebob and Patrick in.
- Hope Spot: When Squidward is let back into the lodge, but Spongebob and Patrick reveal their disguise as the monster causing Squidward to get kicked out again.
- Medium-Shift Gag: The "eel" is a giant realistic sock.
- Never My Fault: Spongebob and Patrick claim this to Roger, when in reality, it was both their faults, but considering that Roger is the doorman for not noticing the two coming in the lodge, this can also be a case of Dumbass Has a Point.
- Secret Handshake: The Lodge has one that involves slapping their tentacles and suction cups together. SpongeBob and Patrick try to create one that is essentially patty-cake. When Squidward points out that flaw, SpongeBob tries to justify it by sayig they don't use their pinkies.
- Sudden Downer Ending: Squidward's ban is lifted, but SpongeBob and Patrick reveal their disguise before the lodge causing him to get re-banned.