Airdate: July 23, 2007
Mr. Krabs thinks Plankton is up to something, so he has SpongeBob and Patrick spy on him.
Spy Buddies contains examples of:
- The Bet: Mr. Krabs and Plankton did a bet that Mr. Krabs disguised himself as Plankton so he can steal the Krabby Patty formula better than him.
- Bond Gun Barrel: Parodied at one point with SpongeBob, where it's then revealed that Patrick is looking at SpongeBob through a drinking straw.
- Cast as a Mask: When someone is flawlessly disguised as the other, he even manages to impersonate the voice flawlessly.
- Disguised in Drag: At one point when SpongeBob and Patrick are ripping off each other's disguises, Patrick is wearing a full-body suit of Sandy Cheeks.
- Full-Body Disguise / Latex Perfection: This is how Mr. Krabs managed to disguise as Plankton, while the real Plankton wore a rubber Mr. Krabs suit over his Mr. Krabs robot from "Imitation Krabs". Then SpongeBob and Patrick parody it, ripping off different bodysuits of each other, even including impersonations of Squidward and Sandy!
- Hypocritical Humor: Patrick calls the idea of Plankton buying baby clothes embarrassing... while he and SpongeBob are also disguised in baby clothes.
- Not a Mask: After Patrick supposedly rips off his Full-Body Disguise to reveal Squidward, SpongeBob wonders who the other Squidward next to him his and tears off his face, revealing Squidward's body tissue underneath."I'm not..." (RRRRIP!) "...wearing a disguise."
- On One Condition: The usual wager to Mr. Krabs and Plankton's bet was a just a dollar. A DOLLAR!
- Pyrrhic Victory: Zigzagged. Krabs has reduced his restaurant to rubble, but is too overjoyed at winning his dollar to notice. Even Plankton seems nonchalant about Krabs' "beating" him for it.
- Swapped Roles: It's revealed that Plankton and Mr. Krabs had actually switched places as a part of a bet to determine if Krabs could steal the formula from Plankton.
- Title Drop: SpongeBob and Patrick drop the title upon becoming spies:Hooray! We're spy buddies!
Mrs. Puff, SpongeBob and Squidward appear on a boating safety film.
Boat Smarts contains examples of:
- Hypocritical Humor: This line in the ending.SpongeBob: Looks like you guys forgot your boat smarts!
- Idiot Houdini: SpongeBob.
- Medium Blending: Crash test dummy Squidward.
- Right Way/Wrong Way Pair: Squidward is the good driver while SpongeBob is the bad driver. However, when SpongeBob does things wrong, it's Squidward who gets hurt instead.
- Safe Driving Aesop: Parodied. Even though Squidward is the one who drives safe, he still suffers injuries due to SpongeBob's recklessness, while SpongeBob himself isn't harmed at all.
Squidward tries to prove to Mr. Krabs that he can learn the names of all the Krusty Krab's customers in the hopes of winning a prize.
Good Ol' Whatshisname contains examples of:
- All for Nothing: Squidward resorted to stealing a mans wallet to find out his name to win the prize. But the prize wasnt anything special, it was just the brochure, no actual vacation which is what he really wanted. And he rips it to pieces after Mr. Krabs gives it to him. And now hes going to be spending time in prison.
- Downer Ending: Squidward ends up arrested and jailed because he took the customer's wallet. To top it off, he ends up having Patrick as his cellmate.
- Grumpy Old Man: The guy whose name Squidward wanted to know.
- Jerkass: Squidward for trying getting rid of SpongeBob when the latter keeps beating Squidward to the punch in acknowledging the customers' names.
- Noodle Incident: For some unexplained reason, Patrick is Squidward's cellmate.
- One Steve Limit: Averted; two customers inside the Krusty Krab are both named Gus.
- Real Joke Name: What Zit Tooya.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: The prize was actually the brochure for the trip.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom:
- Withholding Their Name: Squidward and SpongeBob compete in against each other to learn the names of all the customers in the Krusty Krab. When Squidward gets down to the last customer, it seems like the customer doesn't want to tell Squidward his name, as it sounds like he tells him "What's it to ya?". After Squidward takes the customer's wallet from him, getting himself arrested as a result, Squidward finds out the customer's real name is "What Zit Tooya".
- Who's on First?: The man whose name Squidward is trying to get is named What Zit Tooya (What's it to ya?).