Airdate: March 16, 2013
Plankton is in jail, but he teams up with his cellmates to break out, and steal the Krabby Patty formula.
"Jailbreak!" contains example of:
- Famed In-Story: Plankton is surprised to find the other prisoners view him as a hero. (A hero of criminals, but a hero nontheless.)
- Great Escape: What Plankton planned to do in this episode.
- Jail Bake: Plankton snaps at Karen for not putting a file in the cake she brought him. Later when he's eaten by a prisoner, a slice of cake and a file can be seen.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: One of Plankton's jail inmates tells a backstory where he used chum as a disguise (deforming his face by rubbing chum on it). When he horrifies the cashier into giving out money, it is revealed that his face morphed to look like Squidward's face.
- Police are Useless: One of the failed attempts by the security guardso stop the crooks from escaping. After a hole is blown through the wall, every cop blocks it by stacking themselves over one another. They end up getting stuck and the prisoners escape through the front door.
- Prison Episode
Airdate: March 9, 2013
Plankton gives SpongeBob a new spatula, and SpongeBob starts to believe that it's magic.
"Evil Spatula" contains example of:
- Ash Face: SpongeBob and Mr Krabs get a rather disturbing one at the beginning.
- Deadpan Snarker: Plankton lampshades Karen's status as this in one line ("my sarcastic wife").
- Heroic BSoD: Instead of crying over his broken spatula like he did in All That Glitters, SpongeBob screamed over it. He still mourns on it, though.
- Oh, Crap!: Plankton finds out that a bottle he was using for an ingredient is explosive.
- Reimagining the Artifact: To most fans, this is All That Glitters done right.