Written by Kaz
Storyboard by Fred Osmond (Pineapple Invasion) / Brian Morante (Salsa Imbecilicus)
Animation Directors: Alan Smart (Pineapple Invasion) / Tom Yasumi (Salsa Imbecilicus)
Pineapple Invasion contains examples of:
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: When SpongeBob comes home and sees it in a mess after Gary's quarrel with Plankton, they're shown to have knocked over SpongeBob's first Krabby Patty (which he had bronzed), shredded his Mermaid Man underwear, and knocked over his glass of water.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Plankton uses "I'm ready!" catchphrase right before putting his plan into action.
- He later shouts "My leg!", a catchphrase normally shouted by Fred.
- Bring It: Plankton challenges Gary to a fight, saying, "Alright, snail, let's go! JUST YOU AND ME!"
- Callback: After not saying it for so long, Plankton finally say I went to college For the first time since Season 2. Which becomes funny in hindsight considering in the next episode, his intelligence gets dumbed down.
- A Day in the Limelight: The second episode to focus on both Plankton and Gary.
- Disguised in Drag: Plankton disguises himself as a girl scout at one point, complete with speaking in a high pitched voice.
- Failed a Spot Check: After Plankton tears apart SpongeBob's house while looking for the formula until deciding to search the inside of Gary's shell. SpongeBob returns home and reveals he had left it on top of his TV.
- Mood Dissonance: The skunk scene. Suppose to be gross, but instead, the whole scene is treated comically seriously.
- Sanity Slippage: By the end of the episode, Plankton has become insane as a result of the fumes from Gary's shell and runs off into the sunset with what he thinks to be the secret formula (which is actually SpongeBob's grocery list).
I got it, I got it! I've finally got the formula! It's mine, it's mine, it's mine, it's mine! Open the sparkling apple juice, Karen! Daddy's bringing the bacon home! (laughs crazily)
- Smelly Skunk: In the beginning of the episode.
Salsa Imbecilicus contains examples of:
- Delinquent: Plankton becomes a standard thuggish school bully as Sandy and Karen re-educates all the Bikini Bottomites.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Plankton ends up being the first one exposed to the Idiot Sauce.
- Idiot Ball: Everyone except Sandy and Karen turns into idiots in this episode thanks to Planktons idiot sauce.
- Laugh Track: Karen plays this a few times.
- Only Sane Man: Sandy and Karen, due to being unaffected by the idiot sauce (Sandy because she was in her treedome and Karen because she's a computer).
- Simpleton Voice: All of the characters who got affected by the Idiot Ball sounded like this.
- Title Drop: Plankton drops both the original and actual title of this episode
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: It was Sandy who gave Plankton the idea of making the idiot sauce, by telling him "Mr. Krabs would be as dumb as Patrick" if he were to directly give Plankton the secret formula.
- You No Take Candle: The characters under the effects of the idiot sauce talk like this.
SpongeBob: (scooping up mud with his spatula) Duh, me make Krabby Patties.
Plankton: (fighting against his own reflection) You not Plankton! Me Plankton!