Written by Solomon Georgio (Sharks vs Pods) / Kaz (CopyBob DittoPants)
Storyboard by Shellie OBrien (Sharks vs Pods) / Howie Perry (CopyBob DittoPants)
Animation Director: Tom Yasumi (Sharks vs Pods) / Alan Smart (CopyBob DittoPants)
"Sharks vs Pods" contains examples of:
- Animation Bump: The dance sequence, done by David Gemmill.
- Continuity Nod: Theres a picture of the Hydro-dynamic Spatula.
- '50s Hair: The Sharks'.
- Greaser Delinquents; The rough and tough shark gang Spongebob joins. He suspects they're thugs and fears for his safety, but they turn out to be performers.
- Hellbent For Leather: The Sharks and the Pods.
- Rock & Roll: The musical genre for the episode as a tribute to The 50s.
- Running Gag: The sharks crying over Jonnie.
- Saving the Orphanage: When Patrick appears out of nowhere in the end to exclaim "Yeah! We saved the rec center!" There was no rec center even mentioned in the episode (which Squidward lampshades).
- Shout-Out: To West Side Story.
- Special Guest: Henry Winkler, Michael McKean as the sharks. This is the first time in the show a guest star had guest starred for a second time but voices another character (in McKean's case, he plays earlier Captain Frostmug in License to Milkshake).
- Threatening Shark: The Sharks start off appearing to be a gang of thugs, but ultimately subverted in that they're performers.
- Title Drop: SpongeBob does this in the German dub (the German title is "Verbrecher auf mitgliedschaft"- "criminal member")SpongeBob: Yay, ich bin kein verbrecher auf mitgliedschaft!
"CopyBob DittoPants contains examples of:
- All Just a Dream: Squidward believes that he's dreaming after he sees SpongeBob with one of his clones. Subverted, as he is not dreaming after all.
- Clones Are People, Too: SpongeBob gets along with the clones. When all of them starts to disappear, he's devastated.
- Clone Degeneration: Because Plankton used cheap toner to make the clones, after a while they all roll up and disappear from existence.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The SpongeBob clones have blue ties in order to tell them apart from the real SpongeBob.
- Famous Last Words: Before he vanishes from existence, "Me Two" utters, "I feel funny..."
- Karma Houdini: Subverted. Plankton is glad that he hasn't gotten punished, only to be stepped on by Squidward, who is attempting to fly.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: A SpongeBob clone is about to tell Plankton the formula, but disappears before he does.
- Laser-Guided Karma: When SpongeBob refuses to step on Plankton, he gladly assumes he won't receive and punishment for his actions this time, only for Squidward to fall on top of him seconds later.
- Me's a Crowd: Plankton makes several clones of SpongeBob.
- Ocular Gushers: SpongeBob sheds them as he sees the clones vanish from existence.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Mr. Krabs doesn't find it odd to see multiple SpongeBobs asking for the krabby patty formula. Instead, he is more determined to split up SpongeBob's paycheck among them rather than pay them individually.