Airdate: July 21, 2012
SpongeBob and Patrick are dying to join Johnny Krill's extreme sports team.
Extreme Spots contains examples of:
- Art Evolution: As of this episode, the show is now officially in HD (Previously Truth or Square and It's a SpongeBob Christmas! were in HD). However, the theme song isn't.
- Cool Old Lady: Grand Maul Granny.
- Elmuh Fudd Syndwome: A British-accented fish talks like this, confusing SpongeBob and Patrick.
- Epic Fail: A lot of activities SpongeBob and Patrick do in trying to keep up with the Drasticals result into this, but special mention goes to SpongeBob failing to win a boxing match against a pillow.
- Handicapped Badass: Grand Maul Granny has an artificial hip, but that doesn't stop her from doing crazy extreme stunts.
- Extreme Sport Excuse Plot
- Laughing Mad: Not Dead Ted does this.
- Large Ham Announcer: He introduces the Drasticals.
- Special Guest / The Danza: Johnny Knoxville as Johnny Krill
- Title Drop: Patrick mentions the title, thinking it was extreme spots but Johnny Krill corrects him as extreme sports.
Airdate: July 21, 2012
Sandy tries to break a number of world records.
Squirrel Record contains examples of:
- Bait-and-Switch: After Sandy passing out from eating chum, SpongeBob takes off his helmet, kneels next to her, opens her mouth, and inhales...before taking out a krabby patty and putting it in her mouth to eat it.
- Brick Joke: SpongeBob ends his day at the Krusty Krab pocketing the patty he was cooking in his wallet.
- Consolation World Record: Even though Sandy never breaks any records, it turns out that SpongeBob broke a world record: Most injuries sustained while helping a friend.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Plankton admits to being an evil, heartless mastermind, but he also tried talking Sandy out of ordering and eating raw chum, because no one could eat it and survive. When they insist, he goes along with it, saying "it's your funeral".
- Fall of the House of Cards: Sandy builds the world's tallest house of cards, so big it has its own elevator. Then along comes Patrick...
- Grossup Close Up: In one scene, where Sandy eats raw chum, we get a close up of her looking sort of like a zombie.
- Guinness Episode: The episode focuses on Sandy trying to break all the records in the record book.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: After one too many world records injured him, SpongeBob quickly leaves saying he had to go clean Gary's litter box. Subverted in that he actually does that, and jokes that Gary broke a record himself; world's stinkiest litter box.
- Iron Butt Monkey: SpongeBob goes through a lot of abuse to help Sandy clear every world record in the book.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Sandy breaks every record in the record book she finds in the trash, but when the author reads it, he claims she broke no records at all, as the book is thirty years old and the records were broken years ago. Surprisingly, SpongeBob set his own new record when doing so: most injuries sustained while helping a friend.
- Single Tear: The record robot sheds one as Sandy attempts at "Most Robots Built and Destroyed in a Day".
- Shout-Out: The record book is called "The Guinness O'Ripley Enormous Book of Curiosities, Oddities, and World Records", which is a portmanteu of the Guinness Book of World Records and Ripley's Believe It or Not!.