Written by Kyle McCulloch and Jack Pendarvis (The Fishbowl) / Josh Androsky and Daniel Dominguez (Married to Money)
Storyboard by John Trabbic (The Fishbowl) / Lynne Naylor (Married to Money)
Animation Directors: Alan Smart and Tom Yasumi
"The Fishbowl" contains examples of:
- Brick Joke: When Sandy first decides to experiment on Patrick and SpongeBob, she shouts "Eureka", which then cuts to a gold-fishing prospector saying "That's my line". Sandy later says "Double Eureka" and it cuts to two prospectors saying "That's our line".
- Imagine Spot: Patrick has one on being the head of his own corporation and doing nothing but playing with the telephone and spilling a cup of coffee on the ground.
- Jerkass Ball: One of the complaints for this episode was that Patrick is a jerkass to SpongeBob when he was being in charge. He does have a Jerkass Realization, though.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Patrick realizes he was a monster after being a Jerkass to SpongeBob in this episode.
- Running Gag: Squidward not getting his ice cream.
- Sanity Slippage: Squidward getting upset that theres no more ice cream in the end of the episode.
"Married to Money" contains examples of:
- Callback: The sea bear make a return in this episode.
- Cinderella Circumstances: This is what Pearl thinks will happen if she gains a stepmom. Mr. Krabs tells her they need to have a talk about fantasy and reality.
- Downer Ending: Mr. Krabs is about to reveal the secret formula to Cashina, only to suddenly get emotional and tear up. One of said tears causes Plankton's control panel to short circuit, and Cashina blows up, revealing herself as Plankton. Mr. Krabs is too emotionally devastated to even bother crushing Plankton, choosing to bemoan his loneliness to him instead. Plankton, being Plankton, then insults Krabs and leaves him crying in his hotel room, vowing to get the formula someday.
- Embarrassing Damp Sheets: It is mentioned that Mr. Krabs wet his bed until he was 40.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Mr. Krabs puts SpongeBob in charge of planning his wedding and gives him one dollar for the budget. SpongeBob then gives us this sweet little line:SpongeBob: Mr. Krabs, I am gonna stretch this dollar 'til it begs for mercy! ...No disrespect to your new bride.
- Iris Out: One of the rare times that the show ended with this.
- Karma Houdini: Besides leaving empty handed, Plankton doesn't receive any comeuppance for destroying Mr Krabs' heart.
- Money Fetish: Upto Eleven here.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Cashina was actually Plankton. This is actually the 5th time he disguises himself for the sake of the plot.
- Shock and Awe: This happens twice when Mr. Krabs kisses Cashina.
- Spaghetti Kiss: Subverted: Mr. Krabs and Cashina do end up pulling on the same piece, but Plankton cuts it off before they can kiss.
- You Monster!: Mr. Krabs says the phrase verbatim after Cashina is revealed as Plankton.