Written by Kaz (SpongeBob LongPants) / Jack Pendarvis (Larrys Gym)
Storyboard by Lynne Naylor (SpongeBob LongPants) / Fred Osmond (Larry's Gym)
Animation Directors: Alan Smart and Tom YasumiAirdate: February 15, 2016
SpongeBob LongPants contains examples of:
- Agony of the Feet: When Squidward is ordered to work the grill he accidentally drops a burnt patty on his foot.
- Circling Birdies: After knocking himself into a parking meter, SpongeBob sees circling long pants.
- Department of Redundancy Department: SpongeBob: Wow! Another Mermaid Man reboot. It's how I always re-imagined the reboot would be remade.
- Eating the Eye Candy: A lot of female customers are seen admiring SpongeBobs long pants.
- Female Gaze: When SpongeBob first walks through the Krusty Krusty with his new long pants.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: When SpongeBob walks with his new long pants, a child points at him and asks his mother if he is his father. The mother replies by giving a lustful look at SpongeBob and saying "I wish."
- Le Film Artistique: SpongeBob goes with a group of adults to Le Cinima to see an artistic foreign film called "The Table", which is just a monochrome still shot of a live-action table.
- Long Pants: SpongeBob gets one for this episode.
- Negative Continuity: The trailer for this episode states that "we" (the audience) have never seen SpongeBob in long pants. However, he has worn long pants on numerous occasions (such as "The Chaperone").
- Status Quo Is God: Of course, when SpongeBob got rid of his long pants, that means he doesn't get a drive license anymore, much to the relief of Mrs. Puff.
Larrys Gym contains examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight: The first time Larry actually get an episode centering on him.
- Balloon Belly: Larry gets a pot belly while working on too many files.
- Epic Fail: Larry decides to have SpongeBob lift cotton balls on a cotton swap in place of weights. Even this proves to be too heavy for SpongeBob
- Heroic Build: SpongeBob when he become muscular.
- Loophole Abuse: After Larry tells him that only the first visit is free, Mr. Krabs decides to never leave so he can keep using the gym for free.
- Medium Blending: Mr. Krabs turns into a cooked live-action crab after locking himself in the steam room.
- Pec Flex: Larry does one at the beginning.