Squidward's School for Grown-Ups
Patrick suddenly grows a beard and decides it's time to act mature.
"Squidward's School for Grown-Ups" contains examples of:
- At the Opera Tonight: The last half of the episode takes place at the Bikini Bottom Opera House.
- Bait-and-Switch: When SpongeBob is dragged out of the art museum by big burly security guards, they place him out front and walk back inside, with SpongeBob expressing relief that he wasn't kicked out. Only for one of the security guards to come back out and kick SpongeBob off the premises.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: SpongeBob, while preparing for an opera, pulls out a note with a familiar intro, which he proceeds to read to the audience:SpongeBob: There once was a man from Nantucket...Crowd: *gasps*
- Lame Rhyme Dodge: Happens when Squidward is showing Patrick some art at a museum.Patrick: Boring!Squidward: Boring!?Patrick: Oh, uh, no. I said flooring! The flooring compliments the artwork here exquisitely!Squidward: Yeah... yes, I suppose it does...
- Medium Blending: The food that the waiter brings Patrick, Squidward, and SpongeBob is shown as live-action food.
- Produce Pelting: Squidward gets this from the audience for bashing SpongeBob and Patrick's performance. SpongeBob and Patrick then turn it into a Food Fight.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Patrick's beard turns out to be a sea urchin sleeping on his face.
SpongeBob becomes a nervous wreck while trying to do an oral report at Boating School.
"Oral Report" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Face Your Fears.
- Imagine the Audience Naked: Sandy gives SpongeBob special goggles that let him see people in their underwear so he can get over his fear of speaking in public. Unfortunately, Patrick breaks them, which makes it seem as if the underwear come to life and heckle SpongeBob.
- Performance Anxiety: SpongeBob get this, which sets off the plot.
- Produce Pelting: While SpongeBob is trying to practice giving his report, Patrick throws pillows at him, insisting that is what the audience would do.
- Sudden Eye Color: When Patrick tries to watch SpongeBob, his eyes briefly turn green.
- With Friends Like These...: Patrick's attempts at helping SpongeBob get over his fear of public speaking only make things worse.