A Friendly Game
SpongeBob and Patrick play mini golf indoors when rain ruins their plans.
A Friendly Game contains examples of:
- Agony of the Feet: Patrick hits Squidward's foot with a hammer.
- Arc Words: "Play the ball where it lies."
- Bottle Episode: The entire episode is set at Conch Street.
- Cue the Rain: Just as SpongeBob meets up with Patrick for their mini golf game, it starts raining.
- Eye Beams: Squidward has these when SpongeBob and Patrick wake him up with the construction noise. It ends up burning off the sleep mask he's wearing.
- Hard-Work Montage: The "Brief construction montage" that plays when SpongeBob and Patrick build their mini golf course.
- Mini-Golf Episode: When the rain outside prevents them from going mini golfing, SpongeBob creates a coarse in his house from him and Patrick to play on.
- Title Drop: SpongeBob says the title when he asks Squidward if he would like to play a friendly game of indoor mini golf.
SpongeBob refuses to part with some junk because of the memories they give.
Sentimental Sponge contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Hoarding is not acceptable. Its important to throw out the things you no longer need, though its hard at first.
- Bottle Episode: Just like its sister episode, with most of it in SpongeBob's house.
- Cheated Angle: After SpongeBob puts a light bulb in his head, he is only shown facing right from when the cops arrive to when he takes pictures of Squidward with the trash.
- Hats Off to the Dead: SpongeBob removes his hat when all his trash is taken away. He urges Squidward to remove his night cap as well.
- Here We Go Again!: In the end after all the trash is taken away, turns out SpongeBob saved all the pictures he took of them, which flooded the entire house.
- Running Gag: Squidward's nightshirt being mistaking for a dress.
- Squidward finding SpongeBob's behavior "Creepy".
- Trash of the Titans: SpongeBob hoards so much trash that his house overflows.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Patrick scolds SpongeBob for throwing away stuff that holds precious memories. This causes SpongeBob to start hoarding.