Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go!
Plankton and Man Ray team up.
"Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go!" contains examples of:
- Fake Ultimate Hero: When SpongeBob tells Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy about Man Ray, they flat out refuse to do anything about it, telling SpongeBob that he has to be his own hero this time. However, they do show up at the very end to arrest Man Ray after he becomes too fat from the krabby patties SpongeBob gives him.
- Fat Slob: Man Ray turns into this as a result of all the krabby patties he eats.
- Punch-Clock Villain: Man Ray is shown working a part time job at a supermarket.
- Shockingly Expensive Bill: Mr. Krabs charges Plankton for all the krabby patties Man Ray ate.
- Villain Team-Up: Plankton recruits Man Ray for this purpose, which doesn't work out all that well for Plankton.
Squidward starts working at the Chum Bucket and turns it into an overnight success that shuns the Krusty Krab.
"Chum Fricassee" contains examples of:
- Acquired Situational Narcissism: Squidward becomes even more arrogant when he becomes a celebrity from making chum fricassee, and starts ordering Plankton to make the chum faster causing it to become undercooked.
- Agony of the Feet: Squidward's grandma stomps her walker on Squidward's foot a couple of times.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: After the customers in the Chum Bucket start rioting, they throw the trashcans across the room, throw their plates of chum at the walls, and one person pulls all the napkins out of the napkin dispenser.Plankton: Not the napkins!
- Brick Joke: Early in the episode, Squidward complains about Mr. Krabs being too cheap to buy a doormat. At the end, Squidward's "promotion" is him being the new doormat.
- The Chew Toy: It shows just how much of a Butt-Monkey Squidward is when even his own grandmother doesn't want him to be happy.
- Guilt by Association Gag: Even though it was Squidward's decision to serve the chum when it wasn't finished, it's Plankton's restaurant that ends up being burned to the ground.
- Line-of-Sight Name: Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob disguise themselves to get into the Chum Bucket. When Karen asks for their names, Mr. Krabs is about to say his real name until he sees a wrapper on the floor and introduces himself as "Sir Krumbled O'Wrapper".
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Mr. Krabs telling Squidward he doesn't value him at all is what prompts Squidward to accept Plankton's offer to work for him.
- No Sympathy: Squidward's grandmother. She puts her chum recipe ahead of her grandson, and even feels he got what he deserved when she costs him his fame.
- Waking Non Sequitur: When Plankton falls asleep waiting for the Squidward to cook the chum, Squidward sets the plate down in front of him and Plankton wakes up, shouting, "Who took my blue blankie?"
- Yank the Dog's Chain: For Squidward and Plankton. Thanks to the chum fricassee, the Chum Bucket was finally becoming successful. Unfortunately, it ended when Squidward's grandmother showed up and revealed that Squidward was cooking the chum wrong, then telling the angry customers to riot, causing Squidward to lose his fanbase and the Chum Bucket to be burned to the ground.