Big Sister Sam
Patrick's older sister comes for a visit.
"Big Sister Sam" contains examples of:
- Bottle Episode: The episode takes place entirely on Conch Street. Simply put, there is only one background.
- Bullying a Dragon: Squidward constantly insults & provokes Patrick's sister. Considering the former's Butt-Monkey status, it ends as well as you'd expect.
- Et Tu, Brute?: After SpongeBob points out to Patrick that his sister dismantled Squidward's house, Patrick adamantly accuses him of being mean to Sam, even though SpongeBob has done nothing to offend her at all.
- Guilt by Association Gag: In response to Sam getting insulted by Squidward, Patrick shames both Squidward and SpongeBob, even though SpongeBob has just been standing there watching the whole thing.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Sam. The episode even gives us this exchange:
- Hulk Speak: Sam speaks in this manner.
- I Take Offense to That Last One!:Squidward: That's it! I've had my fill of this thieving brute!
Patrick: How dare you call my sister a thief! Just because she took some of your things...
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Sam to Patrick. For example, she attacks SpongeBob just for touching Patrick.
- Minor Insult Meltdown: When Squidward insults Sam, she was huffing angrily, but then starts crying.
- Series Continuity Error: In "Something Smells", Patrick said that he doesn't have a sister. Now as of this episode, he indeed does. "I'm with Stupid" retroactively implies that he probably forgot this.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Squidward disappears after Sam knocks him out of the bulldozer and destroys SpongeBob's house with it.
- With Friends Like These...: Patrick, once again, is a jerk to SpongeBob for thinking he insulted Sam.
- You No Take Candle: Sam speaks in this manner along with Hulk Speak.
When Plankton and Sandy learn they share a bond for science, they become lab partners.
"Perfect Chemistry" contains examples of:
- And I Must Scream: The episode ends with Plankton being stuck in a corked bottle, in Mr. Krabs' safe, where no one can hear him.
- Evil Laugh: Sandy's attempt at doing one with Plankton is pathetic and is lampshaded by the latter. She manages to do a better one at the end of the episode.
- Eye Scream: The first attempt at using the transporter only transports SpongeBob's eyes to the Krusty Krab.
- Insistent Terminology: SpongeBob's insistence that Sandy call him lab partner.
- Medium Blending: A live-action broccoli interacts with Plankton inside his gasifier machine.
- Running Gag: SpongeBob's various body parts teleporting to the Krusty behind Squidward, freaking him out, and his attempts to show Mr. Krabs ending with him assuming that Squidward just passes gas.