New Fish in Town
Squidward becomes friends with his new neighbor.
New Fish in Town contains examples of:
- Birds of a Feather: Squidward almost immediately forms a bond with Howard due to both being artists and musicians. At least until Howard learns to loosen up and becomes a jellyfisher and bubble blower like SpongeBob and Patrick.
- Disproportionate Retribution: After Squidward declares that he draws the line at living near three dunderheads, he causes Howard's trailer to roll off a cliff so Howard will jump off after it.
- Literal Metaphor: Squidward shows that he has literally been "burning the candle at both ends."
- Maintain the Lie: Squidward goes to great lengths to make sure that Howard doesn't know about SpongeBob and Patrick so he won't want to move away.
- Running Gag: Someone clapping their hands right after they jump off a cliff.
- Spit Take: Squidward does this when Howard mentions his dislike of living next to jellyfishers and bubble blowers.
Love That Squid
Squidward gets ready to go out a date and SpongeBob assists him.
Love That Squid contains examples of:
- Art Shift: Squidwards flashback to his last date is done in the style of 30s cartoons.
- Circling Birdies: Squidward gets circling clarinets and hearts over his head when he sees Squilvia.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: After everything Squidward experiences, he runs into Squilvia who saw the whole thing and accepted it all, and takes Squidward on their date.
- Gibberish of Love: Squidward gets so flustered around Squilvia that he can only babble inanely and SpongeBob has to arrange their date for him.
- I'm Melting!: Happens to Squidward when he sees Squilvia for the first time, just after getting Circling Birdies as mentioned above.
- Look A Like Lovers: Squidward's first impression of Squilvia:Squidward: SpongeBob, she's got it all! Class, style, grace, and looks only matched by yours truly!
- Pale Females, Dark Males: Inverted: Squilvia's skin is darker than Squidward's.
- Right Behind Me: When Squidward finally snaps at SpongeBob, it turns out Squilvia was right behind him having witnessed the whole thing and he expects her to be turned off by his behavior. It turns out that Squilvia appreciates a man who "doesn't suffer fools".
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Squidward manages to win Squilvia's heart just by being himself...
- Wingding Eyes: Squilvia gets hearts in her eyes as she appreciates everything Squidward did.