The Krusty Krab starts selling hot dogs.
"Krusty Dogs" provides examples of:
- Bad "Bad Acting": Squidward while pretending that the Krusty Dog gave him terrible abdominal pain.
- Embarrassed by a Child: Happens to Squidward twice.Squidward: (wearing hot dog suit outside Krusty Krab)Billy: Look at that guy dressed like a hot dog, Mommy.Mom: Let that inspire you to stay in school, Billy.Squidward: (standing outside Krusty Krab in a Krabby Patty suit, waving a sign saying "THEY'RE BACK!")Billy: Mom, look! It's a guy dressed as a Krabby Patty!Mom: It's never too soon to start picking a good college, Billy.
- Fainting: SpongeBob does this after Mr. Krabs takes krabby patties off the menu, needing two paramedics to revive him. SpongeBob however faints again upon seeing Mr. Krabs take out the grill.
- Gone Horribly Right: SpongeBob's new idea of wieners that taste like krabby patties ultimately results in Mr. Krabs taking patties off the menu and forcing him to make krusty dogs instead.
- Goofy Suit: Squidward is forced to wear two of these at different points in the episode.
- Oh, Crap!: SpongeBob's reaction when Mr. Krabs takes Krabby Patties off the menu.
- Staggered Zoom: Happens when SpongeBob watches Mr. Krabs cross krabby patties off the menu.
- Tempting Fate: Squidward tells SpongeBob that nothing could make his job any more boring, or humiliating, or demeaning than it already is. It then cuts to him standing outside in a hot dog suit.
SpongeBob and Patrick discover a lost ship and make it their secret hideout.
"The Wreck of the Mauna Loa" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: Some secrets are meant to be kept.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Patrick, which is how Mr. Krabs finds their secret hideout.
- Eye Scream: Mr. Krabs shines a flashlight into SpongeBob and Patrick's eyes to force them to reveal where they found the coin.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: A quick blink-and-you miss at the coin when it is tossed to SpongeBob clearly shows the "Token has no monetary value" enscribed at the bottom.
- Here We Go Again!: After the ship is condemned, SpongeBob and Patrick discover another which turns out to be the real Mauna Loa.SpongeBob: Patrick, can you keep a secret?
- Laser-Guided Karma: Mr. Krabs is arrested at the end for endangering the public with the unsafe Mauna Loa ride that he took away from SpongeBob and Patrick who wanted to make it their secret hideout.
- What the Hell, Hero?: The customers on the Mauna Loa ride are quick to call out Mr. Krabs for endangering their lives and the lives of their children with a dangerously unsafe amusement park ride.
- You Must Be This Tall to Ride: One boy can't go on the Mauna Loa ride due to not being tall enough. Mr. Krabs then pushes the sign down until it's shorter than the boy.