That Sinking Feeling
SpongeBob and Patrick dig a tunnel between their houses and unknowingly sink Squidward's house in the process.
"That Sinking Feeling" contains examples of:
- Butt-Monkey: Squidward as usual.
- Counting to Three: After SpongeBob and Patrick brought a pile of dirt in his house, Squidward threatens them to dig it out by the count of three.Squidward: I'm warning you: If you don't put my house back where it belongs by the count of th-ree- *raises hand but only raises two so he uses his nose* Three. I am going to grind you into Chum! One!
Patrick: He's counting, anything but counting! Quick, SpongeBob! Dig for your life!
Patrick: He's already at Number Two! Who knows how many numbers we have until he reaches three?
SpongeBob and Patrick: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
- Distinction Without a Difference: SpongeBob tells Squidward he and Patrick weren't playing in Squidward's yard, they were playing in their yards and used his yard as a walkway.
- Downer Ending: Bikini Bottom sinks underground and SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and the rest of the Bikini Bottomites are digging out the town. This doesn't seem to affect SpongeBob, though.
- Insult Backfire:Squidward: I knew you two reprobates were behind this.
SpongeBob: Yeah! We're reprobates!
Squidward: That was an insult.
Patrick: And we're insulted!
- Loophole Abuse: Squidward tells SpongeBob and Patrick they cannot play on his yard, so they dig under it.
- No Ending: In the end, all of Bikini Bottom is sunken, but theres no explanation how everything was dug out by the next episode.
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: Squidward has a couple of these:
- Tempting Fate: When SpongeBob and Patrick's digging causes the Krusty Krab to fall underground, Plankton gloats that the Chum Bucket is now the only restaurant in town. The Chum Bucket promptly also falls underground, and when he sees what happened he lets out a dejected "Nuts."
- This Is My Side: Squidward draws a rectangle around his yard so that SpongeBob and Patrick wouldn't play on it.
- Unstoppable Rage: Squidward was really set over the edge after SpongeBob and Patrick brought the dirt into his house.
Patrick's new karate skills cause him to wreak havoc on Bikini Bottom.
"Karate Star" contains examples of:
- Comes Great Responsibility: What Patrick learns in the end.
- Do Not Explain The Joke: Happens in the beginning when SpongeBob makes Gary a pineapple sculpture of him.SpongeBob: Cuz you're so sweet. Get it? Cuz pineapples are sweet, and you are sweet also as well. Get it? (Gary leaves)
- My God, What Have I Done?: Patrick is remorseful when he sees SpongeBob crushed under the Barg'N-Mart debris.
- This Is Something He's Got to Do Himself: When a fish informs SpongeBob that Patrick is causing trouble, he sets out to stop him on his own despite the fish's protests.
- This Is Unforgivable!: Patrick says this to his hand which he then takes apart.
- Tyop on the Cover: An in-universe example - Bikini Botton Arcade.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: SpongeBob advises Patrick to use his karate skills responsibly. Unsurprisingly, he didn't listen.
- Would Hurt a Child: Subverted. Patrick attepts to chop a baby, which SpongeBob prevents him from doing.