Pet or Pests
SpongeBob adopts a stray worm who gives birth to baby worms overnight, but after Gary chases the mother away, he must find new homes for the babies.
"Pet or Pests" contains examples of:
- Animal Jingoism: Gary develops a mutual hatred for the worm SpongeBob takes in. Fitting as snails and worms in this show are the undersea equivalents of cats and dogs respectively.
- Eats Babies: Larry was willing to take the baby worms off SpongeBob's hands until revealing that he wants to eat them, and SpongeBob has to tackle Larry before he does.
- Oh, Crap!: Patrick when SpongeBob brings Gary to show him the newborn worms.
- Overly Long Gag: SpongeBob ringing Mrs. Puff's doorbell long after she opened the door.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here!: Patrick does this twice. After Gary attacks SpongeBob and again when SpongeBob suggests they find homes for the baby worms.
- Series Continuity Error: Larry doesn't seem to know who SpongeBob is in this episode.
- Your Tomcat Is Pregnant: SpongeBob wakes up to find Mr. Wormsley howling in pain. When he returns with Patrick, they discover that "Mr. Wormsley may actually be a Mrs. Wormsley" and that she now has a litter of babies.
Karen is tired of being pushed around by Plankton so she leaves him.
"Komputer Overload" contains examples of:
- Can't Stand Them, Can't Live Without Them: After Karen leaves, Plankton eventually realizes how much he needs her.
- Doomy Dooms of Doom: When Plankton begins his attack on the Krusty Krab.SpongeBob: We're all doomed, we're all doomed, we're all doomed, we're all doomed, doomed, doomed, doomed, doomed, doomed, we're all doomed, we're all doomed, we're all doomed, we're all doomed!
- Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow: When Karen questions why Plankton owns a hair dryer, Plankton angrily brings out a picture of their wedding which shows Plankton with a full head of hair.
- Took a Level in Dumbass: Plankton is shown to be unable to function without Karen, such as him complaining that his eye is burning and needing Karen to remind him that he has to blink.
- Villain Episode: This episode mostly focuses on Plankton and Karen, with SpongeBob having a very minor role.
- Wrong Restaurant: A customer is at the drive thru of the Chum Bucket and keeps trying to order items that the Krusty Krab sells. Plankton angrily tells the customer that they don't sell any of those items, and if he wants any of those, he should go to the Krusty Krab.