Mr. Krabs enters SpongeBob and Patrick in a tag-team wrestling match for a chance to win $1,000,000.
"Krusty Krushers" contains examples of:
- An Aesop: When competing in a match, its important to stay focused.
- Ass Kicks You: SpongeBob and Patrick win the match thanks to Patrick's Iron Buns.
- Bottle Episode: Most of the episode takes place inside the wrestling arena, except for a shot of Patrick's house.
- Crosses the Line Twice: Happens a lot. There's the wrestlers spinning around SpongeBob and Patrick to pieces, cementing the two in the ring. (Either the first or second cross). Autographing the wet cemented remains with," Jim was here", on SpongeBob and "My foot was here", on Patrick. (Hilarious either way). Or earlier, them getting gargled only to be returned to normal with a toilet plunger. Bear in mind that SpongeBob and Patrick don't mind the pain at all and actually giggle while the wrestlers write on them while they are encased in cement.
- Friend or Idol Decision: A minor version of this. Once the match is finished, Mr. Krabs is somehow given a prize choice of either the money or a week at Wrestle Camp. Of course, SpongeBob and Patrick choose the latter.
- Pro Wrestling Episode
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: Mr. Krabs a couple of times. The one when he tries motivating SpongeBob and Patrick to win the match and to stop goofing off:SpongeBob: Did you need something, Mr. Krabs?
Mr. Krabs: Oh, did I need something? Hmm, let me think. Did I need something? (Angrily) Yes, I need something! I need you 2 to get back in there and show them who's boss! Show them what Short Order Boy and Pink Patty can really do!
- Then this dialogue:SpongeBob: Mr. Krabs, we're having so much fun. Doesn't that make us winners?
Mr. Krabs: Actually... IT DOESN'T!
- Then this dialogue:
- Visual Pun: The wrestlers put SpongeBob and Patrick in a sleeper hold, which involves rocking the two to sleep like babies.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: SpongeBob and Patrick win the match and Mr. Krabs the $1,000,000, but before he can accept it he is given a second choice: a week at Wrestle Camp. Mr. Krabs attempts to deny, but SpongeBob and Patrick immediately accept, and Mr. Krabs loses the money.
SpongeBob desperately wants Patrick's ultra-rare Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy trading card.
"The Card" contains examples of:
- An Aesop:
- Dont get so obsessed over something you couldnt get.
- Its important to take care of something and not let anything bad happen to it.
- Jerkass: Patrick.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: When SpongeBob asks Patrick why he walked into Goo Lagoon, Patrick's answer implies this:Patrick: SpongeBob, you can't always expect my usual brand of stupidity. I like to mix it up; keep you on your toes.
- Sadist Episode: The majority of the episode is seeing Spongebob freak out at the constant danger and damage Patrick is doing to an extremely rare card because he wants to mix up how stupid he acts.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: All the worry and beatings Spogebob endures results in the rare card he was looking for winds up ruined beyond repair... and Patrick just so happens to have the last four. At least he gives them to Spongebob.
- Kick the Dog: The ending however does imply he intends to wreck those in his stupidity as well.